🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Philosophy - a pool of blockbuster ideas

Started by
10 comments, last by llvllatrix 22 years ago
Deus Ex is based on several famous philosphies, and is essentially the story of these philosphies colliding. One of the most famous scenes in the game is when an AI is discussing its philosophy with the hero of the game.

And at the end, you get to make one of three choices, depending on what your own personal beliefs are (although I''m sure most people play through all three endings).

I suppose you could do a story based on a single philosophy, but since games are interactive, you may alienate some potential players who do not agree with said philosophy.

It''s okay to disagree with what a hero in a movie is doing. But if you are playing a game and are being forced to do something that goes against your personal beliefs, you may not like the story as much.

Well, then again, games like Grand Theft Auto probably prove me theory wrong.

--TheMuuj
--TheMuuj
Advertisement
quote: Original post by sunandshadow
Hi Bishop_pass! Yes, I''m alive.

Why don''t you hop on AIM one of these evenings? I have some questions for you about artwork.

Now back to philosophy...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement