🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What do you want from Pacman?

Started by
5 comments, last by wacman 21 years, 10 months ago
I''m creating a Pacman-style game for my programming major but I don''t want it to be just another clone... What sorts of new features would people like to see from Pacman? Any ideas at all. This could be in terms of graphics, sound, new abilities, methods of play... anything you can think of. Thanks for any suggestions.
Advertisement
Well, here''s just a few ideas I came up with right now:

-an actual storyline with levels that arn''t odrinary (ie. the ones creative asylum used in their pacman game. don''t copy them, but the look looks awesome)

-Different types of powerups. (ie. warpers,speeders,etc)

-Bonus games between levels. maybe pinball type minigame?

You don''t wanna make the game too different from the original that it looses it''s pacman gameplay though.

---
My Site-My Tetris Clone w/Source
Come join us on IRC in #directxdev @ irc.afternet.org
A running pacman would be really cool. Instead of pacman just floating around in this maze, have it so he can fun, and make it a side scroller so he can jump and stuff. That would be cool.

Missile weapons might add something to it.

How about powerups that even the enemies could pick up and use?

I imagine certain things would make it still feel like Pacman and help make the game more endearing, like a safe house for the enemies and tunnels that loop the playfield.
It's not what you're taught, it's what you learn.
Supply an editor to create custom levels >:-)

Mac for productivity
Linux for development
Palm for mobility
Windows... for the Solitaire
Ciro Durán :: My site :: gamedev.net :: AGS Forums
I made a pacman like game but it was way different. It kind of like zelda. It`ll be on the internet soon.
If you are reading this, then you are too attached to signatures!!
Hmm.... I think combining the snake from the SNAKE GAME into pacman would be cool. Basically pacman would have to try to eat the tail of the snake until he ate the whole thing. I created a stupid pac man demo. Basically you could shoot fireballs at the ghost. Once you shot them about 3 times then they would turn colors allowing you to eat them.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement