🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Story writing is only good if you`re good at it!!

Started by
13 comments, last by Zido 21 years, 9 months ago
Actually you are rude even though you claim you are not rude.. However the fact is that anyone can develop their writing skills if they want to.

Then you claim that people should send in their game concepts to you so that you can develop the story for them.. How do you know that your story creates the experience the developer of the game wants the story to create?

I mean a story is meant to show what the game is all about, how do you know what the game is all about if you only know what the player can do in the game?

The story is best developed by the one who got the idea for the game.

Regards

Daniel Westerstal
http://www.writers-hub.tk

Advertisement
Zido, you are TOO rude. Just own up and admit it. At least I don''t pretend not to be rude.

Also, I disagree strongly with the general attitude you put forth in your original post. Please be less negative, especially towards aspiring writers.
quote: Original post by sigmaent
Actually you are rude even though you claim you are not rude.. However the fact is that anyone can develop their writing skills if they want to.

Then you claim that people should send in their game concepts to you so that you can develop the story for them.. How do you know that your story creates the experience the developer of the game wants the story to create?

I mean a story is meant to show what the game is all about, how do you know what the game is all about if you only know what the player can do in the game?

The story is best developed by the one who got the idea for the game.

Regards

Daniel Westerstal
http://www.writers-hub.tk

Excellent Point!
hey get to the point, game writing. have all your petty fights over other peoples flaws somewhere were it will be usefull.
I thought the point was evidently clear; its stated in the topic of this thread

P.S. This is a forum, discussions are held here; which is what this is.

[edited by - NicolasX on October 1, 2002 2:49:32 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement