🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What's your current project?

Started by
32 comments, last by sunandshadow 21 years, 6 months ago
Right now I''m working on a RPG with my friend...here''s a little short game desc.

All is well in the world of Aliria. Good reigns supreme over evil, and there was never anyone to contest it....until now. Meet Zion, once one of King Soltar''s three royal guards, he was thrown into prison under very strange circumstances. Now, ten excrushiating years later, Zion has finally managed to escape from his prison and he wants revenge. Assume the role of Zion and help him get back at all of those who have wronged him. Try to convince others to join in your quest to release the evil demon king Lusifur, and bring about the destruction of the world. Be warned though, things aren''t always what they seem, and even in a world of good, curruption and deciet happen more than one might think. But in the end it will come down to one simple decision, will you take part in the destruction of the world, or will you help save it. Choose carefully, the lines between good and evil might not be as far away as you think...........
Advertisement
I am currently working on a Perlin Noise heightmap/texture generator. Right now I am about ready to throw my computer out the window, goodnight all....
I have just started a 3d engine for a race game, (commercial first game) and hope''s that that will go good

------

With kind regards,

Sander Aerts aka DrSnugels

Crap
---------------------------
mov ax, 013h; int 10h; mov ax, 0xa000h;
mov es, ax; mov di, 3360; mov al, 15;
stosb; mov ax, 0002h; int 21h;
mov ax, 03h; int 10h;
------With kind regards,Sander Aerts aka DrSnugelsCrap :)---------------------------mov ax, 013h; int 10h; mov ax, 0xa000h;mov es, ax; mov di, 3360; mov al, 15;stosb; mov ax, 0002h; int 21h;mov ax, 03h; int 10h;
quote: Original post by sunandshadow
Have you played Sanitarium? That's one of my favorite adventuregames and it has an interesting take on portraying madness in the viewpoint character - you play through fantasy/science fiction/horror worlds that are the main character's twisted interpretation of reality, with occasional lucid moments so you can see what effect your delusional actions have had on the real world. A bit different from the FF7 technique of having Cloud fragment into lots of selves in different memory locations.

thx... ill try to get my hands on a copy of this game... hopefully my local videoteque owns it
concerning ff7... hm... the mako-delirium is more a sight into the characters mind. In my story i want to base the fading realities on the fact that so called 'reallity' is based on the input one gets. (this creates some funny conclusion: to mention only one: ask some1 to prove the existance of his mind to you )
(btw:splitting up the main character seems to be a good idea
i might do this... or just let him meet himself)

Suicide is a challenge - how could you convince the player to choose for the character to die? It's against all the player's instincts, especially if it's happening after several dozen hours of gameplay instead of right at the beginning.

hehe... i have several dozenz of hours to get the player accepting the suicide. like in every FF game the ending is sad becouse one gets emotionally involved with the characters(extept in FFX IMHO... but thats another story and shall be telled somewhen else). or look at EVA... seeing end of evangelion if know having seen the series one would just be confused... not sad, etc. (misato's death is one of the best scenes :,()

btw: 'die leiden des jungen werther' von 'goethe' makes suicide look very possible and it also made some poeple commit suicide... not my intention though

Also, have you considered that if you have the main character commit suicide you'll probably have to put a parental advisiory on the game?

counter question:
dyou think I as a single person will ever release a game in public? it will be more an undergound-game and its not intended to be super mario anyways... more like silent hill(at least in some passages)

[edited by - BB-Pest on December 10, 2002 8:02:08 AM]
---- sig coming soon
Pentaverse, a 2D real-time-tactical-action-RPG (super-dash!) that falls somewhere between fantasy and science fiction, leaning heavily towards fantasy. Sort of a cross between Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy Tactics.

I posted to Prologue to Pentaverse''s story here a while back, but I won''t be able to post any more of the story, because the plot is more open-ended than than most RPGs of this sort.
I''m working on the concept of a game which basically is based on the idea of taoism, but with many other religious factors added in. It isn''t a religious game by any means, but it does propose many controversial ideas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Honey, if you turn down that road the Italian mafia will shoot you."
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
quote: Original post by AnonymousPosterChild
I''m working on the concept of a game which basically is based on the idea of taoism, but with many other religious factors added in. It isn''t a religious game by any means, but it does propose many controversial ideas.

Have you read the _Tao of Pooh_ and the _Te of Piglet_? These are cute and widely-available, and might make good refrence material for your project. _Heaven and Earth_ is a neat old buddhist-themed puzzle game that ran on DOS 6. I''ve seen a couple newer eastern-philosophy themed adventure games, but for some reason they were all annoyingly difficult to play.

What kind of a game is your concept for, btw? adventure? puzzle? rpg?

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Just a little observation I thought was interesting:

I wanted to see how much progress I''ve been making on outlining my graphic novel, so I did some math, and this is what I came up with.

I have written the first draft of the first 7 chapters. The outline of these chapters takes up 17 pages @ 450 words/page. When converted into drawings these chapters should be an average of 16 pages long, for a total of 109 pages so far. I think it''s pretty amazing that 17 pages can expand to fill 109. Makes me curious how the numbers will change as the outline gets converted into a comic script. I think it''s also interesting how 17 pages of outline is much harder to write than 17 pages of fiction, but much easier to write than 17 pages of research paper.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

The art is going to be anime-anthro style, and the finished book will possibly be around 200 pages long, with an optimistic completion date of next christmas.

Are you doing all the art by yourself and have you started yet? 200 pages is a lot of art, even in a year. Pro comic book artists work pretty much full time on one book, and usually only do one or two things (there are usually inkers or colorists.) Even then they only produce about 32 pages a month. I guess 384 is a lot more than 200 and you''re probably working in black and white, but I assume you aren''t working full time. I''m planning on doing a graphic novel\comic type thing but I''m not doing the writing (and if I''m lucky not doing the inking either) and right now we''re shooting for like 64 pages by the end of the summer. It took forever to draw a 4 page comic, and it takes me more than a year to fill a 100 page sketch book with random stuff. So 200 pages of detailed comic art in a year (working casually) blows my mind.
Have you read the _Tao of Pooh_ and the _Te of Piglet_? These are cute and widely-available, and might make good refrence material for your project. _Heaven and Earth_ is a neat old buddhist-themed puzzle game that ran on DOS 6. I''ve seen a couple newer eastern-philosophy themed adventure games, but for some reason they were all annoyingly difficult to play.

What kind of a game is your concept for, btw? adventure? puzzle? rpg?

Haven''t read either of those. Most of the stuff I got came from online reference. I think I may have played that puzzle game you were talking about though.

The game itself is supposed to be an action/adventure/RPG mix, but the religious ideas are somewhat skewed, which is explained in the game to help advance the plot. One of the main ideas I''m going for with the game is a good story that people can get into, with an ease of playability so that people wouldn''t get pissed at the game quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Join the flamebait of the week club! This weeks flamebait:

YOUR BIBLE IS FULL OF LIES!
With love, AnonymousPosterChild

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement