🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Not a game story, but game-related

Started by
3 comments, last by superpig 21 years, 3 months ago
Apologies in advance for the crosspost, but I want to briefly plug this story I wrote, given that many of you don''t visit the lounge. In particular, using this thread as a place to critique my writing skills would be appreciated. I''m looking to improve. Superpig - saving pigs from untimely fates, and when he''s not doing that, runs The Binary Refinery.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Advertisement
WEll, this is the most appropriate forum to post stories, you know...
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
Self-insertions are in general a bad idea, but you have a good writing style. I''d like to see more of your work.

GDNet+. It's only $5 a month. You know you want it.

quote: Original post by Tom
Self-insertions are in general a bad idea

Understood. I wasn''t entirely sure who else I could use as the hero of the story, though - short of making up a fictional character, and I managed to base all characters on existing people (or cyberpeople).

quote: I''d like to see more of your work.

There''s a short story I wrote as part of an article on writing at my old site which you might like, then.

As for the rest of my work... eh. Maybe I''ll dig out my story ''Fear of Spiders Runs in the Family...'' that one was popular

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates, and when he''s not doing that, runs The Binary Refinery.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Fear of Spiders Runs in the Family

It''s a couple of years old, but still one of my favourite pieces of work.

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates, and when he''s not doing that, runs The Binary Refinery.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement