🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

**SPOILERS!** Morpheus: Keeper of Dreams oppining script!**SPOILERS!**

Started by
3 comments, last by Sidepocket Pro 21 years, 1 month ago
Hello, I am going to code a game soon in Dark Basic. After I get a rough demo for you people to play, I will soon start hireing a team to join my new development team Sidepocket! and help me bring this game into a reality for the oppining massess. For now, however, I wan`t to be very genores right now. I will post 1/3 of the script to Morpheus: Keeper of Dreams online for you to read! Note: If you don`t want to spoil the game for yourself, skipt this section and come back latter. **SPOILER WARNING!*********************************************** 11/15/02 Morpheus: Keeper of Dreams You are placed in darkness, senses of touch, sound, and sight are condensing together to bring the world around you into a consious state. You feel a smooth texture on your fingertips, squeeking in response to your hand movements. You can feel air bubbles brush by your nose, you realize that you can not feel a floor below you. "Wake up now, child." What was that voice? You try to sit up. As you breech the surface of a liquid substance, you open your eyes for the first time, and you realize you are sitting down in a bathtub in a sea of blood. "Welcome my student", you hear echo in the room. "Who are you, why am I here?", you ask. "I could ask you the same question" he replies. You survey the area. It is a rusty, broken down bathroom, with mirrored cracks in the walls that houses a proud famly of cockroaches. "I wonder why he chose you, when I don`t even know who 'he' is!", replied the voice. You push yourself up with your arms, now weak and numb. You reach over the edge of the tub, the sloshing sound of the blood in the tub creeps up your spine, to haunt you of its disgusting twisting sound and its awful odor. You pull your body out of the tub, onto the dirty tile floor. Now, completely naked and cold, you push yourself up, but fall down like a newborn calf. You then try to push yourself up again, this time using the doorknob in front of you as assistance. You pull yourself completely erect, and look down to observe yourself. The voice makes a whistleing noise, as you can tell you are naked, wet and bare. "Who are you...show yourself you coward!" you scream into the small room. "Ah, but I am already here, my child.", calmly replies the voice. "And I think ..." You instinctively clutch onto the sink in front of you, your head throbs with tremendous pain! "..you already know.." You raise your hand and touch the mirror, spasmatically wiping away the dust on the mirror to see who, or what you are. "...where I am!" You scream. You scream really loud, the tooth brushes tremble to your voice. You scream so hard that after a while, no scream comes out. You begin to gag, as you trip over your own feet, and land onto the shower curtain. As you look at your own face, you see a vertical third eye imbeaded in your forehead! You put your own hands on your chest, your heart pumping blood for both beings of you and your eye. "Pretty, ain`t it?", says the demonic looking eye, as it winks at you in a vertical expression. You run, run like a bat out of hell, or in this case, out of the apartment. You run thru 1940`s-like streets. "Who the hell are you?", you ask as you push down a person in front of you. "I am sorry my child, I have no name..." Your legs start to get tired, you stop for a second to catch your breath, the shower curtain that covers your naked-ness sways in motion to a stop. "Now what was that for?", your eye asks. "Where are we?" You replied. "We are in a monorail station on 46th street ave, in a city that was once called "New York". A huge horn honks, the birds begin to fly away. "Now what are you doing?", your eye asked. "I am running away from you, by-." "Killing yourself? Why?", it asks. "I don`t want to be here, I wanna go back to-" "Go back to what? Death, to be an entity with no body, no mind, and no existence? Come on`, you have alot ahead of you." The monorail train moves faster and faster down the track, heading towards you. "Listen, I am as much confused as you are right now. I have no idea where I came from, and why I am stuck here with you." "You? You're an eyeball, YOUR A FRIGGEN EYE BALL!" "Maby if you just listened, I can convince you otherwise." "Convince me of what?", you say, praying the monorail comes sooner so you can be dead by now. "You have a fate, a fate of glory and wonder. You are born into a new time, in a new place. Don`t you want to explore it? Maybe if you observe the things around you, and work with the flow than against it, the world would not be as frightening as it is right now. For christ sake, you don`t know who you are, what you are...you don`t even have a name!" You look at the incoming monorail train coming in, and even tho you just want to die and get it over with, you know that deep down he is right in the way. "Its time to make a choice, 'no name'. You either die and be nothing, or die trying to find out what is around the corner." "What is the difference you ask?" "All people die, my friend, its what they do before they die that makes them who they are in this world." The monorail train comes in, it is time, you either leave now, or die here... Morpheus: Keeper of Dreams A game that will change the way you precive RPG Games forever... Coming Soon to PC! [edited by - Sidepocket Pro on April 26, 2003 10:24:01 PM] [edited by - Sidepocket Pro on April 26, 2003 10:25:01 PM] [edited by - Sidepocket Pro on April 26, 2003 10:25:45 PM]
-----------Morpheus: Keeper of DreamsA game that will change the way you precive RPG Games forever...Coming Soon to PC!
Advertisement
Hmm...no replyes. Maby I should have asked what do you think of it? Help me improve?
-----------Morpheus: Keeper of DreamsA game that will change the way you precive RPG Games forever...Coming Soon to PC!
I think everybody is still trying to figure out what exactly is spoilied.
Well, if a demo comes out, the oppining ingame graphic will be like that. It might ruin some of the mistery in the game. I was just being casious.
quote:
Well, if a demo comes out, the oppining ingame graphic will be like that. It might ruin some of the mistery in the game. I was just being casious.

Goddam, I hope you ment two rite soo many splling mistackes, its a bad flw four a ritr to hav.

TRANSLATION:

Well, If a demo comes out, the opening in-game graphics will be like that. It might ruin some of the mystery in the game. I was just being cautious.

Cheers, comrade Kyle Evans,Artificial entertainment [Movie/Game Reviews]Contact: kyser3152@yahoo.com.au

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement