🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

The worst storline ever?

Started by
24 comments, last by Spartan III 21 years, 1 month ago
I''m doing a report for school, and I need to know a game with a horrible storyline. It would be better if the game was trying to be serious (not like Duke Nuckems storyline). ANY help would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
In A.D. 2101
War was beginning
quote: Original post by CheeseGrater
In A.D. 2101
War was beginning

He said bad story line, not bad translation =P
"...."
Final Fantasy 8 and 9 are good candidates. In FF8, the sorceress is evil because she doesn`t have a knight... OKAY. In FF9, the princess conveniently becomes mute at the moment the hero was scoring points with her. Also, in the finale, the hero returns from the dead and runs towards the princess in slow motion, ++cheesy++, been_there ^ 9. Old rpg''s are easy targets too, like Tecmo Secret of The stars : "A meteor from outer space has hit the earth. Hmm, that would explain the increase in monsters attacks on the village". There''s also Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, oh , and Star Ocean 2, that one''s a classic : "In the beginning, there were 10 wise men..." .
I hate signatures.
How about just short of every game in existance? "Hmm, something''s wrong with the world so I''m just going to go follow the trail of gradually increasing in difficulty enemies utnil I get to the evil castle and kill the bad guy! Hooray!" Because as we all know, ALL abnormalities in living are caused by Demonic Warlords from Outer Space.
Stuff
How ''bout slightly smarter than average man gets elected President of the most powerful nation in the free world by virtue of his last name. By luck, his otherwise poorly run administration is in the drivers seat during one of the most horrific attacks on the mainland in history.

By playing on his countrymen''s fear, he stages a military backed foreign policy coup and invades not one, but two countries. All this while slowly eroding democratic freedoms and individuals economic stability.

oh wait... crap!
Fighting Force for the Sony Playstation. It was fun at first but then it just bombed.

WikedGamer
i have a suggestion.
go for diablo series because we recently found that the story is not finished, and it is very interesting, because "I" found that the nicest guy is the evilest guy. it also link to issue about diablo3, which blizzard keeps denying. it will be a garrantee a long essay/discusion
http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?FN=d2-general&T=131279&P=1&ReplyCount=48#post131279

if u never played diablo, then u should ignore this

and try something like.
gods and generals (score 1.3 out of 10 in gamespot)
Not so much for its origonal(sp?) story which was new to me but it has gotten far too many rivivals.

Mega Man X3 and up

basicly they go like this:

while(true){
mega man whoops ass sigma "dies"
sigma comes back
someone gets kidnapped every once in a while
}

at least it has good gameplay...
ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster
How ''bout slightly smarter than average man gets elected President of the most powerful nation in the free world by virtue of his last name. By luck, his otherwise poorly run administration is in the drivers seat during one of the most horrific attacks on the mainland in history.

By playing on his countrymen''s fear, he stages a military backed foreign policy coup and invades not one, but two countries. All this while slowly eroding democratic freedoms and individuals economic stability.

oh wait... crap!

I hate that too. The ultimate reality show, and it had to be copyrighted.

Those who think there is a difference between education and entertainment don''t know the first thing about either - Marshall McLuhan

Always without desire we must be found, If its deep mystery we would sound; But if desire always within us be, Its outer fringe is all that we shall see. - The Tao

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement