🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

The worst storline ever?

Started by
24 comments, last by Spartan III 21 years, 1 month ago
[flame]

OMG YOU STUPID COUNTRYSIDE KID... FF8 HAD A VERY COMPLEX STORYLINE... BUT ITS ACTUALLY HIDDEN SO THAT ONLY THOSE WHO SEEK GET AWARE OF IT. IQ > 80 REQUIRED, KK?

1| ULTIMECIA = RINOA --- this surely shocks u... dumb troglodyte. there are many proves but instead of listing them you should browse the so called 'internet': http://www.google.com

2| RINOA BECAME EVIL BECAUSE SQUALL DIED / GOT STUCK IN THE TIME THINGY ( she's the only person who actually sees squall after the final battle )

3| SHE FORGOT EVERYTHING BECAUSE OF THE G.F. SIDEEFFECT

4| REMEMBER THE LINE "I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOU" IN THE INTRO? NOW PLZ TELL ME WHERE ULTIMECIAS CASTLE APPEARED

5| AND THIS IS ONLY THE UPPER SURFACE OF THE STORY... THERE'S MUCH MORE HIDDEN AND MANY MORE ASPECTS, BUT THIS IS THE ONE MOST PEOPLE DONT UNDERSTAND

[/flame]

sry @ sns for caps-abuse but this conglomerate of stupor was calling for it... loudly.

ok... one prove for rinoa=ultimacia, but only the slightest: she got griever. remember? squall gave her the amulet. thats the actual reason why you have to name the GF...

[edit] shit... this reminded me of the sad ending :,(

[edited by - BB-Pest on May 19, 2003 4:17:19 PM]

[edited by - BB-Pest on May 19, 2003 4:19:53 PM]
---- sig coming soon
Advertisement
Most game stories are bad because most are written by game developers who nothing about story structure. Few have any real theme for their story and most plots are linear (in that the protagonist''s goal remains the same all the way through). Most are just an sequence of obstacles with little attempt at setting pace or getting an emotional response.

Dan Marchant
Obscure Productions
Game Development & Design consultant
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk
quote: Original post by BB-Pest
[flame]

OMG YOU STUPID COUNTRYSIDE KID... FF8 HAD A VERY COMPLEX STORYLINE... BUT ITS ACTUALLY HIDDEN SO THAT ONLY THOSE WHO SEEK GET AWARE OF IT. IQ > 80 REQUIRED, KK?

1| ULTIMECIA = RINOA --- this surely shocks u... dumb troglodyte. there are many proves but instead of listing them you should browse the so called ''internet'': http://www.google.com

2| RINOA BECAME EVIL BECAUSE SQUALL DIED / GOT STUCK IN THE TIME THINGY ( she''s the only person who actually sees squall after the final battle )

4| REMEMBER THE LINE "I''LL BE WAITING FOR YOU" IN THE INTRO? NOW PLZ TELL ME WHERE ULTIMECIAS CASTLE APPEARED

5| AND THIS IS ONLY THE UPPER SURFACE OF THE STORY... THERE''S MUCH MORE HIDDEN AND MANY MORE ASPECTS, BUT THIS IS THE ONE MOST PEOPLE DONT UNDERSTAND

[/flame]

sry @ sns for caps-abuse but this conglomerate of stupor was calling for it... loudly.

ok... one prove for rinoa=ultimacia, but only the slightest: she got griever. remember? squall gave her the amulet. thats the actual reason why you have to name the GF...

4:19:53 PM]

Nice try.

I hate signatures.
yep... fear the truth
---- sig coming soon
Official Forum Flame:

==============================================
To: BB-Pest

Dear:

[X] Clueless Newbie
[ ] Loser
[ ] 12 year old
[ ] Troll
[ ] Pervert
[ ] Geek
[ ] Spammer
[ ] Wannabe
[ ] Asskisser
[ ] Lamer
[ ] AOL user / Freeserver
[ ] kEwL wArEz d00d
[ ] Web TV user
[ ] Fanboy
[ ] Me too er
[ ] B!LLYNOSE
[ ] Silly~Sod, Willy~Wod, or Zilly~Zod
[ ] Fool
[ ] l33t h4x0r
[ ] Guy from Mental Institution
[ ] All of the above
[ ] Other: I have something in mind, but given the intellect you displayed in your post you probably wouldn''t understand the word.

You Are Being Flamed Because

[ ] You posted a .999_ = 1 thread
[ ] You posted a Release Date thread
[ ] You posted a Patch thread
[ ] You posted an PC vs X-Box thread
[ ] You posted a System Specifications thread
[ ] You posted a (InsertRandomRPG) vs DiabloII thread
[ ] You continued a long, stupid thread
[ ] You committed crimes against pork biproducts
[ ] You posted a "YOU ALL SUCK" message
[ ] You haven''t read the FAQ
[ ] You don''t know which forum to post in
[ ] You just plain suck
[ ] You posted false information
[ ] You posted something totally uninteresting
[ ] You doubleposted
[X] You posted a message all written in CAPS
[ ] You posted sexist crap
[X] I don''t like your tone of voice
[ ] You posted a binary in a non-binary group.
[ ] You asked for a f*ckin CD Key
[ ] You posted a HTML-message in a non-HTML environment.
[ ] You insulted a respected regular of this group
[ ] Do I need a reason? Your a freakin'' loser
[ ] You posted a test message in a newsgroup other than alt.test.
[ ] You posted the stupidest question I have ever heard
[ ] You quoted an ENTIRE thread in your reply
[ ] You continued a long, stupid thread
[ ] You are in violation of basic netiquette.
[ ] You asked a question that is covered in the FAQ.
[ ] You posted a "get rich quick" message. and/or pyramid scheme
[ ] Your are using pirated software.
[ ] You brag about things that never happened
[ ] You asked for cheats
[ ] Just because
[ ] All of the above

In Punishment, You Must:

[ ] STFU & GTFO
[ ] Read the f****** FAQ
[ ] Be Pat Buchanan''s love slave
[ ] Go to your room with no supper
[ ] Apologize to everybody on this forum
[ ] Go stand in the middle of a Highway
[ ] Learn about the Internet (http://www.learnthenet.com/).
[ ] Using your real name/adress, post repeated anti-feminist messages in alt.homicidal.militant-feminists.
[ ] Lurk for at least 2 weeks before you post again.
[X] Go to (http://www.primenet.com/~vez/neti.html) and brush up on your netiquette.
[ ] Take a soothing bath with an electrical appliance.
[ ] Limit yourself to 2 hours of My Little Pony per day.
[ ] Kick a pitbull in the balls.
[X] Ask Microsoft Support for advice on how to use a pirated MS product.
[ ] Refrain from posting until you have a vague idea what you''re doing
[ ] Stop masturbating for a: [ ] week [ ] month [X] year
[ ] Get yourslef sprayed/neutered
[ ] Turn yourself in to the cops.
[ ] Ask the nurse to increase your medication.
[ ] Give up your AOL / Freeserve account
[ ] Bust up your modem with a hammer and eat it
[ ] Actually post something relevant
[ ] Wipe your ass on the way out, you''ve left a terrible smell around here.
[ ] Change your alias from "Player" to something which accurately describes how completely godawful your MaD sKiLLz at gaming are. "I blow" is deemed to be appropriate.
[ ] Ensure you''re further forward in the queue when God next hands out brains.
[ ] All of the above

In Closing, I''d Like to Say:

[ ] Blow me
[ ] Get a life
[ ] Never post again
[ ] I pity your dog
[ ] Go to hell
[ ] I think your IQ must be 7
[ ] Take your s*** somewhere else
[ ] STFU & GTFO
[ ] Learn to post or f*** off
[ ] Go jump into some industrial equipment
[X] *PLONK*
[ ] Screw yourself with a 2x4
[ ] Seek professional help.
[ ] Lick a wall socket.
[ ] Have a few female snarks up the ass
[ ] All of the above

==============================================

The preceding Forum Form Flame was constructed for use on people
not worthy of actual thought or effort in being flamed. People so
STOOPID that a simple copy/paste and a few check marks is all
that''s necessary to properly relay the flamer''s contempt for the
flamee.

You have been identified as such a person and as such, this flame
was brought to you in under 10 seconds.

Sucks to be you.
quote: Original post by Squarefox
[X] Clueless Newbie

plz say this again after having proved that i was wrong with any of my statements... you will obviously fail

quote: Original post by Squarefox
[X] You posted a message all written in CAPS

you could have marked this if i had _not_ statet it allready myself. but i have to admit that im not experienced with flaming on english and thus my post wasnt as good as it could have been. of course i could have been gentle and postet a normal answer to his post saying that he was actually wrong with his oppinion due to several reasons but the fact that seifer threw FF8 in his personal trashcan just because of his unability/unwill to think about it at least a bit simply drove me mad. concerning the language i used i have to say that the [flame][/flame] tag and the usage of lower internet language like "..., KK?" was inteded to make the post more funny then actually harming(right word?) but i have appearently failed in making it seem so. therefore i apologize for the courses. but i still think seifers oppinion sucks and it would be nice if you would comment on the story-aspects i listed and admit that i was right. thx in advance.

[edited by - BB-Pest on May 22, 2003 5:52:18 AM]
---- sig coming soon
i think that FF8 is only a bad copy (a REAL BAD one) of FF7, THAT was a story!and easy to play...
in ff9 they put a million of sort of things all toghether...only a great mess..(it''s a MY opinion)

There aren''''t problems that can''''t be solved with a gun...
There aren''t problems that can''t be solved with a gun...
The Bad dudes storyline:

"The President has been kidnapped by ninjas, are you a bad enough dude to rescue him" is both the best and worst game story I can think of.
What about the skate or die story.

Gamedev for learning.
libGDN for putting it all together.
An opensource, cross platform, cross API game development library.
VSEDebug Visual Studio.NET Add-In. Enhances debugging in ways never thought possible.
quote: Original post by BB-Pest

and it would be nice if you would comment on the story-aspects i listed and admit that i was right. thx in advance.

Alright.

quote:
1| ULTIMECIA = RINOA --- this surely shocks u... dumb troglodyte. there are many proves but instead of listing them you should browse the so called ''internet'': http://www.google.com

2| RINOA BECAME EVIL BECAUSE SQUALL DIED / GOT STUCK IN THE TIME THINGY ( she''s the only person who actually sees squall after the final battle )

4| REMEMBER THE LINE "I''LL BE WAITING FOR YOU" IN THE INTRO? NOW PLZ TELL ME WHERE ULTIMECIAS CASTLE APPEARED

5| AND THIS IS ONLY THE UPPER SURFACE OF THE STORY... THERE''S MUCH MORE HIDDEN AND MANY MORE ASPECTS, BUT THIS IS THE ONE MOST PEOPLE DONT UNDERSTAND

Comment: so?

quote: Thor82
i think that FF8 is only a bad copy (a REAL BAD one) of FF7, THAT was a story!and easy to play...
in ff9 they put a million of sort of things all toghether...only a great mess..(it''s a MY opinion)

Agreed, FF7 was something, and Squall''s personality was copied on Cloud''s. FF9 == random encounters.
I hate signatures.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement