🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Story for a first peron shooter - Commendations and/or Criticisms wanted

Started by
19 comments, last by liquidAir 21 years ago
Better, but euhm... why the heck would a country so geographically seperated as Nigeria aid the other European countries?? And if you would clone the president etc. wouldn''t anyone notice they we''re 1 year old infants? :D
And the price we paid was the price men have always paid for achieving paradise in this life -- we went soft, we lost our edge. - "Muad'Dib: Conversations" by the Princess Irulan
Advertisement
quote: Original post by Jedyte
wouldn''t anyone notice they we''re 1 year old infants? :D

Lets see:

President Nº1

President Nº2
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Yet another terrorism-themed first person shooter.

Can''t wait.

Why you shouldn''t use iostream.h - ever! | A Good free online C++ book
Better, but euhm... why the heck would a country so geographically seperated as Nigeria aid the other European countries?? And if you would clone the president etc. wouldn''t anyone notice they we''re 1 year old infants? :D

Erm... how the heck would u ratinalise America''s attack on Iraq despite the geographical separation.

And haven''t u seen the Sixth Day? We''re talking about unreality here. The Future! But still guns with bullets tho.

Nothing is Impossible
quote: Original post by liquidAir
Erm... how the heck would u ratinalise America''s attack on Iraq despite the geographical separation.

Because the US spends more money on the soldiers'' toliet paper than most other countries spend on their entire military. Its like getting the best car in the neighborhood and having to leave it in the garage.

Anyway, your story is MUCH better, and I was really getting into it, until I reached the last paragraph. Why would a league of countries send in one guy? They could just nuke the island, or drop waves of paratroopers on it. Also, you haven''t addressed the gameplay issue. Your game is trying to compete with NOLF 2, HalfLife 2, Doom III, and every other magazine cover game. So what do you have that is different? Surely you wouldn''t be able to make better AI or fancier graphics. In the indie game market, you have to be innovative to succeed.
quote: Original post by JonWoyame
Your game is trying to compete with NOLF 2, HalfLife 2, Doom III, and every other magazine cover game.

He might not be, but true that is good to have a nice point or part of your game that is not included in every other game out there, such as a nice way of contolling mass amounts of millitary personell or such things.

I don''t see any military sending just one guy, unless there was some kind of accident you know what im sayin say your troops are sent in and your guy gets droped further way or your troops are ambushed when they arrive. and your hero, just happens to be the last guy left. (most likly not by heroism), it would be to cliché to have him be the last guy left be cause "He is just that good" have him get knocked out when he lands, have him fall into a river. have something unpridicted happen. just ideas and everything.

anyway good luck.

Could someone lable those two infants please I sware I saw one of those before. (Sorry couldn''t resist)
quote: Original post by xaxa
wouldn''t anyone notice they we''re 1 year old infants? :D

Lets see:

President Nº1

President Nº2

LMFAO!!

X2: Official Site

Ok, the way I see it is that you a trying to get a story going for a sneaky FPS game. So how about something like this:

America has just about waged all out war on Columbia, and have already slaughterd over 40 innocent people in a small community looking for the drug lord ''Al Hapana''. The news has told very little of this, and is spending most of its times putting down the columbians. This has pushed the locals past breaking point and they start to side completly with Al Hapana. 2 weeks later over 10 terroist attacks have been reported on US soil, and the goverment is in chaos. The [department I cant remember the name for] says that they need to kill Al Hapana before he rallies anymore support, but with the media, now starting to learn more of the situation, is dubbing the department as baby killers. The department issues a statement saying that is starting to pull some of it troops from the region, and the columbians say they will stop the attacks. But both sides have alterior motives though; Columbia has just sent there top assasin to take out the [head guy....dont know the rank] of the department, and the department have just sent theirs to take out Al Hapana.

So, now you have to guys the player can play as, the bad assasin (altough in this case that a grey term) or the other assasin. Both would be extremly sneaky, since if either side finds out what is happening the truce will be broken. I shouldnt have to say who the final fight would be against
Yeah, I like Anon''s idea of losing your team (like the movie The Rock). You should make a game where Air Force One crash lands over Russia and George Bush is the only survivor and he has to fight his way out.
And he could have Noir-style monologues like in Max Panye.
Colon Powell could be his racially stereotyped sidekick like
in Daikatana.

Seriously though, why do the heros always have to be a specially
trained soldier. Gordon Freeman was a geo-scientist. It's be
more fun to play as a reporter-turned vigilanty or *gasp* as the
bad guy trying to upsurp global control.

Anyways, your settings are limited, your plot is thick in the
wrong places and thin where it counts (in character development).
Terrorists are as boring to fight as aliens and Germans. A
sucessfull story will create a reality in which many varied
games could exist, where as you're creating a reality strictly to justify your game.

As our friend Mr. Powell would say, "Don't mess wit my boy GB, he'll wreak you. What!"

[edited by - Infinity_ on July 8, 2003 7:00:24 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement