🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Isometric Shooter Story - Comments and suggestions needed

Started by
3 comments, last by bugboy 21 years ago
I''m making the plot for this game, was wondering what u guys think of it. Here it goes: The year is 2137. Mankind has spread outward from Earth and is colonizing the galaxy. Things seem to be going good for the human race. They''ve recently won a war with a dangerous alien race: The Mersiji and have begun trading with other more powerful aliens. Humanity is ruled by a central government: The Earth Alliance and is peaceful for the most part. The brilliant scientist Frederick Fletcher has recently found a way to harness the power of stars to create a reliable, cheap and virtually infinite energy source. Suddenly a secret renegade organization called Xerxes seizes power. They kidnap Fletcher and take control of Persephone - a small bleak planet in the Sirius Star System with a population of 500,000. They then force Fletcher to build a weapon powered by this exotic energy source that can destroy any planet within the range of 100 lightyears. As of May 16, 2137 this weapon is ready at any moment to destroy Earth and is currently blackmailing the Earth Alliance into submission. Alien allies have promised to help Earth, but their fleets will take too long to get here. The Earth Alliance has only one option: To send in their best covert agent to infilitrate Xerxes, rescue Fletcher and destroy the Weapon. The fate of the human race rests in this agent''s hands. He must succeed. Bugboy
Bugboy
Advertisement
This seems very similar to the post by liquidAir. Although I think the backstory is very good, why just one agent?! If they can get him there, why not a whole army?? I suppose it could be said they dont want the blackmailers to find out, but then why is earth waiting for these allies???

What if you flip it around so that you play as either:

A) One of the allied aliens that are coming to help. Earth is locked down, and the allies can get one of thier units fairly close to the weapon. Could work, but still fairly...so-so.

OR (and I like this one better)

B) One of the bad aliens that has had a stroke of guilt and decides that this weapon has to be stopped. Lots of cool gadgets and many a pissed of former ally ahoy!
Hmm. I like Bool''s option B. He can steal some great stuff (outfit him like the Master Chief ) and they can be tracking him down with a vengeance.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Yes, it''s not all that realistic that Earth justs sends one agent. I would have a large group get sent and get massacred shortly after arriving. Obviously the player character would survive and try to go through with the mission. This way you can have the occasional good guy who also survived pop up and help the player. It''s always cool to have ''drones'' on your side, comp players that help you get through, like the marines in HALO.
7|-|3 p057 @b0v3 i5 c3/^7i|=i3|) 1337!100|< |=0/^ j||3|/|7
BTW, a cut-scene video of the agents getting massacred would be a great way to get the player in the game, the agents don''t go down easy and there''s a nifty battle.
7|-|3 p057 @b0v3 i5 c3/^7i|=i3|) 1337!100|< |=0/^ j||3|/|7

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement