🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Space Fighters for Freedom, available for download!

Started by
4 comments, last by jtecin 24 years ago
Yeah, this is my first real game I''ve worked on that is original, meaning it isn''t a clone. It is currently in Beta testing which means you might find some bugs, but it is pretty fun. Heck, I made the game (not by myself), and I still get a kick out of playing it. The site is http://mastersoftware.4mg.com/ It was actually a 4-man team that made this game, not just me, so it is pretty cool.
Advertisement
Anyone download it yet? Any comments?
Hi there!

Just downloaded your game, it''s good but has some things you might want to change:

First thing I noticed is your game doesn''t play the midi files...why? maybe something wrong with my sound card? I use directsound with my own game and it works fine..Ack! forget about it, that was due it wasn''t correctly configured =D

The other point is the control.. sometimes when you rotate a little the ship doesn´t change its direction, it just keeps going the last direction it recognized.

And some enemies just don''t detect you, you can pass around them all day - or til the time runs out =) - and they won''t move...this happened in the third level.

But I must admit its a good game, nice graphics and runs fast..by the way im running it in:
Pentium III
128 ram
tnt2 32mb video card
crappy sound card

Keep the good work!!

Hasta luego!
"Old programmers don't die,they just terminate and stay resident."
not bad. I liked the physics. the only recomendation I have is to add some gameing music. like a techno beat or something.

JoeMont001@aol.com | Polarisoft.n3.net
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
Well Now,

Thats a good little game. I like ita lot
actually. Keep up the good work man.

STVOY

Mega Moh Mine!!
Thanks for the compliments. The music should play so I don''t know what''s wrong. I didn''t use directmusic since I don''t think that came with DX 5.0. I used windows library functions. As for robot detection, they can only see in front of them.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement