🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

IDGA SIG white paper on game writing

Started by
1 comment, last by adventuredesign 20 years, 6 months ago
The IGDA game writing special interest group has published a white paper on game writing that is full of good information. Linkage Adventuredesign [edited by - adventuredesign on December 14, 2003 7:27:09 PM]

Always without desire we must be found, If its deep mystery we would sound; But if desire always within us be, Its outer fringe is all that we shall see. - The Tao

Advertisement
quote: Original post by adventuredesign
The IGDA game writing special interest group has published a white paper on game writing that is full of good information.

Linkage

Adventuredesign

[edited by - adventuredesign on December 14, 2003 7:27:09 PM]

Thanks. It was interesting, though I have a question that really bugs me: why are all these papers about game developing focused on how to do it on big markets. I mean, how about small developers? And how about all the european, asian ... developers?

A
A
quote: Original post by aiosup
quote: Original post by adventuredesign
The IGDA game writing special interest group has published a white paper on game writing that is full of good information.

Linkage

Adventuredesign

[edited by - adventuredesign on December 14, 2003 7:27:09 PM]

Thanks. It was interesting, though I have a question that really bugs me: why are all these papers about game developing focused on how to do it on big markets. I mean, how about small developers? And how about all the european, asian ... developers?

A

Good question, I think maybe part of it was they were just focusing on practical realities of the market and trying to serve the membership best in a pragmatic sense. I think the techniques they describe will work in both markets in a functional sense.

Adventuredesign

Always without desire we must be found, If its deep mystery we would sound; But if desire always within us be, Its outer fringe is all that we shall see. - The Tao

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement