🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Have the web-based games any future ?

Started by
2 comments, last by csjpeter 20 years, 6 months ago
I hope they have. Firstly, I have to say, my english is poor. Unfortunately. I hope it don''t will be a serious problem. We have an idea, with an good draft about a game working on the net. I like the fantasy, and RPG so. I like to create a game for all the people around the world for free. It is true, at the same time i want to get some money from it. I sorry about it, but everybody have to take his live from somethink . So, what about web-based games? I want to use good graphics, sounds, and create very good feeling. It shouldn''t be a simple text-reading, only as need for an RGP. There should be a map, where you can take your turn, see the gamefield, the enemys, etc. Do you think it can liveable? Do you think it can be done under the browsers whit &#106avascript and php? And for the end : if you are good in graphics, or in other areas, and you can be interested in such as this game, write me a letter from my site! http://csjpeter.uw.hu
Advertisement
www.newsground.com
www.yamago.com
check for flash, shockwave, even &#106avascript game
actually they did explore one only per time but when game will start to use all tool in the web we will start to see something powerful!

yes, it''s even more, it''s the future of game with gsm mobile (they can be cross!!)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
be good
be evil
but do it WELL
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>be goodbe evilbut do it WELL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
They have many web-based games I think runescape use to be one. I may be wrong about runescape but neopets.com may be one.
Runescape is a JAVA-based realtime MMORPG, it''s quite fun and in the BETA stages of a 3D revamp which runs fast on my 40k connection

Neopets uses flash to make minigames, but they are not really interesting and have no plot...

If you made a game like that then I would probably check it out, but it would have to compare to other games in the genre
Current Programming Language that I''m learning/using: NONECurrent programming project: NONE

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement