🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

fun little test

Started by
18 comments, last by sunandshadow 20 years, 4 months ago
Which Science Fiction Writer Are You? I got Ursula K. LeGuin, which is cool because she is one of the authors I am modeling myself after. ^_^

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Advertisement
I''m Samuel Delany, except for the Santa Claus beard and the glasses and the bit about being a science fiction writer. Ok, why don''t you just give the "broad commercial success with aggressively experimental prose techniques" and you got a deal.
Live cheap.Live Free.Get it wrong the first time.
Gregory Benford.
Arthur C. Clark

Always without desire we must be found, If its deep mystery we would sound; But if desire always within us be, Its outer fringe is all that we shall see. - The Tao

Isaac Asimov
Hal Clement.

Which is weird. He died not too long ago, but used to be a regular at a local SF convention I go to every year... and I never got around to reading any of his books.

"Sweet, peaceful eyelash spiders! Live in love by the ocean of my eyes!" - Jennifer Diane Reitz
"Sweet, peaceful eyelash spiders! Live in love by the ocean of my eyes!" - Jennifer Diane Reitz
Stanislav Lem

But I think Alan Dean Foster should be in there:
a: Isaac Asimov
b: Alfred Bester
c: Arthur C. Clarke
d: David Brin
e: Octavia E. Butler
f: Philip José Farmer
g: Gregory Benford
h: Frank Herbert
i: Samuel R. Delany
j: Jerry Pournelle
k: Mickey Spillane
l: Ursula LeGuin
m: Stanislav Lem
n: William Gibson
o: Olaf Stapledon
p: Philip K. Dick
q: Hal Clement
r: Robert A. Heinlein
s: E.E. "Doc" Smith
t: James Tiptree, Jr.
u: Jules Verne
v: Kurt Vonnegut
w: H.G. Wells
x: Cordwainer Smith
y: Ayn Rand
z: John Brunner

_GEo.
RHS Band

[edited by - Avatar God on February 17, 2004 11:23:44 PM]
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Hal Clement (Harry C. Stubbs)
A quiet and underrated master of "hard science" fiction who, among other things, foresaw integrated circuits back in the 1940s.
Avatar God... I cant help noticing how your icon/avatar totally looks like this Samuel Delany guy I got. Whoever he is...

Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
Olaf Stapledon

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement