🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Compile issue

Started by
1 comment, last by Desdemona 20 years, 1 month ago
I''ve been experiencing a problem with scripts being compiled when an error should have been reported instead. Suppose I expose this method: CAudio :: PlaySound(HAudio hAudio, bool bLoop) If I forget to pass the second parameter bool while writing my script, the script is still compiled and no errors are returned. This seems like it should be a compile error. I have a lot of methods exposed and I occasionally forget some of the parameters. The behaviour at this point is unpredictable. Sometimes things ''seem'' to work, sometimes things dont work as expected, and other times it simply crashes the app. Still working with v1.7.0 at the moment
Advertisement
This looks like it could be related to a bug in the function overloading code. I''m still confirming this but I believe I''ll have fix out in a couple of days.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Version 1.7.1 beta 3a (released now) should fix the problem you''re having.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement