🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

My first java game!

Started by
14 comments, last by VGASteve 23 years, 9 months ago
I started reading several Java books about a week ago, and I''ve got a working (on my computer and several others) video game together! I''m interested in knowing how much it slows down on machines of various speeds. Also, my brother scored about 2050 points after sustained and intense playing, and I haven''t been able to get this high yet!! If you beat that, let me know!!! The game is at my website.
Advertisement
I just played it. It worked great! I am using a P2-450mhz with 128 megs of ram. It did not clip at all and worked fine. You gonna put sound in it soon? :-)

Larry.
Elvis said: You can't rent a Priscilla, but you can lease-a-Marie!
Cool!

Actually, there''s sound in it when it runs on my PC, but not on the internet ... Don''t know what''s wrong yet ...
A-HA!

I''ve got the sound working!

I can''t BELIEVE it!! I had FTP in ASCII mode transferring those .au files!! The shame of it all...
Im really impressed, it works great on my AMD K6-2 500 with 64mb and Voodoo Banshee. Its many time''s smoother than my first Java game were you using some special libary or just the Java 2 files, I could''nt get them to work but if your using them then Java can almost compete with DirectDraw.
Very cool game!
Very nice. Runs smoothly on Win98, 128 MB, ATI All-In-Wonder 128.
It locked my system up after 1 hr playing. Probably bug in IE 5.0 Java Machine though.
Got up to 2275
Played again, locked up IE again after about 35 minutes.
Got high score 2535. I think I''ll stop now.
Cool game. Ran fine on P200 32MB Ram. The graphics were a bit flickery but that is to be expected in applets I suppose.

Edited by - deakin on September 4, 2000 8:23:40 AM
- DanielMy homepage
*very* nice indeed!

Runs fine on my Pentium 3 under NT (600Mhz methinks - work machine) with a Wild Tangent video card and 128megs RAM.
Best,
R.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement