🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Play my game!

Started by
13 comments, last by Bigshot 23 years, 10 months ago
Play my game! Tell me if it works. Click here! Alex Edited by - Bigshot on 9/3/00 11:52:43 PM
Alexbigshot@austin.rr.comFoolish man give wife grand piano. Wise man give wife upright organ.
Advertisement
LOL, I like it!
I like how different character has different velocities.
Haven''t ran into any problems yet.

My system spec:
PIII 500 MHZ
Vodoo3
8gig Drive
I need somebody to test the network mode for me. I haven't touched that code in over 2 months so I'm not even sure if it works at all. My other test computer died...I felt like a one-legged cat trying to bury a turd on a frozen pond. And I just now released this version of the game. Feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Alex

BTW, I'm looking for an artist to touch up the sprites and maybe do some new graphics. E-mail me at bigshot@austin.rr.com if interested.

Edited by - Bigshot on September 4, 2000 1:23:39 PM
Alexbigshot@austin.rr.comFoolish man give wife grand piano. Wise man give wife upright organ.
hey, it shows promise.

btw, drink yo drugs, stay in milk, dont do school... foo
Hey, that''s pretty funny game .... I like it().
Have yet to come across any problems.

My PC''s specs:
PII 400
Geforce2 GTS
128 MB of ram.

=============================
silly programmer vb is for kids.
=============================
www.thejpsystem.com
==============================================I feel like a kid in some kind of store... ============================================== www.thejpsystem.com
Okay guys - don''t run this under win 2000. I did and now my icons won''t display in more than 256 colors. Everthing else displays in 24-bit, but not the icons. I''ve done everything imaginable to correct this and nothing works. (yes, i right clicked, effects tab, "display icons in all possible colors" so don''t even start with me. hehe)

and the game didn''t even run. it just cut out. whether i tried go to instructions or options, it just died.

why the hell did i try to run it in win 2k? i dunno. i was being a moron. who knows.

anyhow. just letting ya know it doesn''t run in windows 2000.

-s7
/////////////////////////////////////
"For some reason when I think of booby traps,
I think of a bra hanging trip-wire style across a walkway."
it worked great for me

one thing: some of the characters cannot go above 45 velocity.. and sometimes its impossible to hit the other player!!
That was the point. Some of the players are supposed to be too feeble to go up to 90, like Richard Simmons and Bob Dole. But there are ways around it so that you can still win with those character.

Why the game doesn't work for you, sypher, I have no idea. I've only tested the game in Windows 95 and 98. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe it's because I compiled it with Visual C++ 4.0? Perhaps it's time to upgrade! When's Visual C++ 7.0 coming out anyway? I just don't like dishing out $500 every 2 years for a new version which has very few new useful features.

Alex

Edited by - Bigshot on September 6, 2000 5:26:21 PM
Hi!

Quite a nice game and funny too... Only the interface could be improved for example in the start menu you make your selection by pressing enter but in game you shoot with space... (very important )

But by me it worked nicely under Win2000.

Specs:
PIII 500
128 MB of ram
Intel 810 graphics chipset

Floru
I don''t know. Maybe my comp was being funny (=

I just cleaned out my harddrive and formatted because it was getting rather cluttered up, so I''ll try it again.

s7''s specs:
===========
AMD K6-450
96 MB RAM
Voodoo 3 3000
Windows 2000
/////////////////////////////////////
"For some reason when I think of booby traps,
I think of a bra hanging trip-wire style across a walkway."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement