🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

AngelScript 1.8.1 WIP 3 (2004/08/03)

Started by
4 comments, last by WitchLord 19 years, 10 months ago
The first batch of bug fixes have been released.
  • Changed debug output to be put in subdirectory AS_DEBUG
  • bug fix: Some errors were always reported on line 1 column 1, no matter where they were located
  • bug fix: An assertion failed when a function call used a temporary variable and the function wasn't found (thanks Jakub "krajzega" Wasilewski)
  • bug fix: Non-complex objects with 2 DWORDs in size is now correctly returned from system functions
  • bug fix: Objects returned in memory is now correctly handled by MinGW for cdecl calling convention
  • bug fix: Objects registered with asOBJ_IS_COMPLEX is not treated correctly by MinGW
  • bug fix: BC_PGA didn't mask out the module ID when retrieving the address of the global variable. (thanks Anders "Dentoid" Stenberg)
There are more to come within the next days. More info here: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=260692 Version 1.8.1 will be the most bug-free version of all released AngelScript versions. Help me by reporting any bugs (or strange behaviour) you find. [Edited by - WitchLord on August 3, 2004 8:01:24 PM]

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement
Yet another batch of bugs have been fixed.

• bug fix: Class methods can now return objects in MSVC
  • bug fix: Local variables in the top statement block could be destroyed at return even though they were declared

after the return statement. (thanks Anders "Dentoid" Stenberg)
  • bug fix: Class methods can now return objects in memory on MinGW

Also, two new bugs were discovered by krajzega. Read about them in the bug-list thread.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I wonder if i can get away with DX9.0c forcing the use of unicode for everything including AS as 1.8.1 arrives.I still use DX9.0b with 1.7.1 but i need to move on quickly. any comments?
Jayanth.KRaptor Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.http://www.raptorentertainment.com---------------------------------------------------------Why Mr. Anderson? Why? ...Why keep fighting? Do you think you're fighting for something - for more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom, or truth, perhaps peace, could it be for love? Illusions Mr. Anderson, vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence without meaning or purpose.
What do you mean with "DX9.0c forcing the use of unicode"? How can any library force the use of Unicode?

I haven't gotten the chance to try out DX9, let alone DX9.0c. So I'm not aware of any issues.

If you need to have AngelScript use unicode strings you could easily alter the string type you register with it. Then you just have to make the string factory function convert the non-unicode string to a unicode string and you should be all set up to use unicode in your application.

It's a good thing I changed the string type to be an externally registered type instead of built-in. There are so many different implementations of strings that each have their own advantages and disadvantages. It just wouldn't be right to force a certain type upon programmers.

Sorry about that, Since our engine was based on DX9.0, port would mean that I have to change everything to use its own utility functions, which would change a lot of things, What i meant was all the new utility functions use Unicode and hence i would have to shift all my strings to Unicode as well, and thats a major pain!
Jayanth.KRaptor Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.http://www.raptorentertainment.com---------------------------------------------------------Why Mr. Anderson? Why? ...Why keep fighting? Do you think you're fighting for something - for more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom, or truth, perhaps peace, could it be for love? Illusions Mr. Anderson, vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence without meaning or purpose.
Just uploaded WIP 3 with yet another batch of fixes.

• bug fix: ExecuteString() could cause a crash when executed on a script compiled for the second time using the same module name. (thanks Jakub "krajzega" Wasilewski)
  • Registering virtual methods are detected and reported as not supported on GNUC
  • Registering methods from classes with multiple inheritance are detected and reported as not supported
  • Registering methods from classes with virtual inheritance are detected and reported as not supported on MSVC

This will probably be the last WIP unless more bugs are discovered during the next few days. Then I'll release it as version 1.8.1 BETA (feature complete) and let it stay that way for a couple of weeks before it becomes 1.8.1 (final).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement