🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

allegro errors

Started by
12 comments, last by raptorstrike 19 years, 10 months ago
i get all these errors when i try to compile a very simple allegro program (keep in mind i just started allegro today)
____________________________"This just in, 9 out of 10 americans agree that 1 out of 10 americans will disagree with the other 9"- Colin Mochrie
Advertisement
heres the errors
Warning: .drectve `%.*s' unrecognized
main.o(.text+0x99):main.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__font'
main.o(.text+0xa4):main.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__screen'
main.o(.text+0xd3):main.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__font'
main.o(.text+0xde):main.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__screen'
main.o(.text+0xed):main.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__key'
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/liballeg_s.a(wdsound.o)(.text+0x107):wdsound.c: undefined reference to `DirectSoundEnumerateA@8'
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/liballeg_s.a(wdsound.o)(.text+0x2bc):wdsound.c: undefined reference to `DirectSoundCreate@12'
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/liballeg_s.a(wdsound.o)(.text+0x37e):wdsound.c: undefined reference to `DirectSoundCreate@12'
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/liballeg_s.a(wdsndmix.o)(.text+0x3cc):wdsndmix.c: undefined reference to `DirectSoundCreate@12'
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/liballeg_s.a(wdsndmix.o)(.text+0x475):wdsndmix.c: undefined reference to `DirectSoundCreate@12'

and heres the source
#include <allegro.h>int main() {  // Initialize Allegro.         allegro_init();       // Set the resolution to 640 by 480 with SAFE autodetection. set_gfx_mode(GFX_SAFE, 640, 480, 0, 0); // Installing the keyboard handler. install_keyboard(); // Printing text to the screen. textout(screen, font, "Hello World!", 1, 1, 10); textout(screen, font, "Press ESCape to quit.", 1, 12, 11); // Looping until the ESCape key is pressed. while(! key[KEY_ESC])   poll_keyboard(); // This shouldn't be necessary in Windows.  // Exit program. allegro_exit(); return 0;     }     // Some Allegro magic to deal with WinMain().END_OF_MAIN();
____________________________"This just in, 9 out of 10 americans agree that 1 out of 10 americans will disagree with the other 9"- Colin Mochrie
liballeg_s.a? Isn't that the library you link against for static linking? The file should just be liballeg.a IIRC.

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

ok i fixed the problem apperently i want allegro (dll) not allegro (static) thx
dose anyone know ant good sites that have tutorials on allegro
The docs are usually good enough for most of us; between that and the example code that comes with Allegro, you'll pick up the basics in no time. Along with that, there's the Allegro Game Development Network and Pixelate Magazine. But really, most of Allegro is pretty straight-forward, so just try using it and post a new thread if you run into any difficulty. [smile]

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

OK THX ALOT
:)
the problem is that when i try to do anything other than the basic hello world program i get tons of errors such as
Compiler: Default compilerBuilding Makefile: "C:\Dev-Cpp\Makefile.win"Executing  make...make.exe -f "C:\Dev-Cpp\Makefile.win" allg++.exe -c main.cpp -o main.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.3.1"  -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.3.1/mingw32"  -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.3.1/backward"  -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc-lib/mingw32/3.3.1/include"  -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include"   main.cpp: In function `int _mangled_main()':main.cpp:42: error: syntax error before `;' tokenmain.cpp:44: error: syntax error before `=' tokenmain.cpp:53: error: syntax error before `=' tokenmain.cpp: At global scope:main.cpp:61: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `b' with no typemain.cpp:61: error: `i' was not declared in this scopemain.cpp:61: error: `j' was not declared in this scopemain.cpp:63: error: syntax error before `if'main.cpp:66: error: `buffer' was not declared in this scopemain.cpp:66: error: `i' was not declared in this scopemain.cpp:66: error: `j' was not declared in this scopemain.cpp:66: error: `r' was not declared in this scopemain.cpp:66: error: `g' was not declared in this scopemain.cpp:66: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `putpixel' with no typemain.cpp:66: error: `int putpixel' redeclared as different kind of symbolC:/Dev-Cpp/include/allegro/inline/draw.inl:43: error: previous declaration of `   void putpixel(BITMAP*, int, int, int)'main.cpp:66: error: initializer list being treated as compound expressionmain.cpp:67: error: syntax error before `}' tokenmain.cpp:71: error: `bitmap' was not declared in this scopemain.cpp:71: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `circlefill' with no typemain.cpp:71: error: `int circlefill' redeclared as different kind of symbolC:/Dev-Cpp/include/allegro/draw.h:46: error: previous declaration of `void    circlefill(BITMAP*, int, int, int, int)'main.cpp:71: error: initializer list being treated as compound expressionmain.cpp:74: error: `bitmap' was not declared in this scopemain.cpp:74: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `circlefill' with no typemain.cpp:74: error: redefinition of `int circlefill'main.cpp:71: error: `int circlefill' previously defined heremain.cpp:74: error: initializer list being treated as compound expressionmain.cpp:76: error: syntax error before `while'main.cpp:83: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `x' with no typemain.cpp:83: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `y' with no typemain.cpp:85: error: `buffer' was not declared in this scopemain.cpp:85: error: `behind' was not declared in this scopemain.cpp:85: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `blit' with no typemain.cpp:85: error: `int blit' redeclared as different kind of symbolC:/Dev-Cpp/include/allegro/draw.h:55: error: previous declaration of `void    blit(BITMAP*, BITMAP*, int, int, int, int, int, int)'main.cpp:85: error: initializer list being treated as compound expressionmain.cpp:87: error: `buffer' was not declared in this scopemain.cpp:87: error: `bitmap' was not declared in this scopemain.cpp:87: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `draw_sprite' with no typemain.cpp:87: error: `int draw_sprite' redeclared as different kind of symbolC:/Dev-Cpp/include/allegro/inline/draw.inl:90: error: previous declaration of `   void draw_sprite(BITMAP*, BITMAP*, int, int)'main.cpp:87: error: initializer list being treated as compound expressionmain.cpp:89: error: `buffer' was not declared in this scopemain.cpp:89: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `blit' with no typemain.cpp:89: error: redefinition of `int blit'main.cpp:85: error: `int blit' previously defined heremain.cpp:89: error: initializer list being treated as compound expressionmain.cpp:91: error: `behind' was not declared in this scopemain.cpp:91: error: `buffer' was not declared in this scopemain.cpp:91: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `blit' with no typemain.cpp:91: error: redefinition of `int blit'main.cpp:89: error: `int blit' previously defined heremain.cpp:91: error: initializer list being treated as compound expressionmain.cpp:92: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `release_screen' with no    typemain.cpp:92: error: new declaration `int release_screen()'C:/Dev-Cpp/include/allegro/inline/gfx.inl:206: error: ambiguates old    declaration `void release_screen()'main.cpp:95: error: syntax error before `if'main.cpp:98: error: `bitmap' was not declared in this scopemain.cpp:98: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `destroy_bitmap' with no    typemain.cpp:98: error: `int destroy_bitmap' redeclared as different kind of symbolC:/Dev-Cpp/include/allegro/gfx.h:361: error: previous declaration of `void    destroy_bitmap(BITMAP*)'main.cpp:99: error: `behind' was not declared in this scopemain.cpp:99: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `destroy_bitmap' with no    typemain.cpp:99: error: redefinition of `int destroy_bitmap'main.cpp:98: error: `int destroy_bitmap' previously defined heremain.cpp:100: error: `buffer' was not declared in this scopemain.cpp:100: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `destroy_bitmap' with no    typemain.cpp:100: error: redefinition of `int destroy_bitmap'main.cpp:99: error: `int destroy_bitmap' previously defined heremain.cpp:102: error: syntax error before `return'main.cpp: In function `int WinMain(void*, void*, char*, int)':main.cpp:107: error: redefinition of `int WinMain(void*, void*, char*, int)'main.cpp:104: error: `int WinMain(void*, void*, char*, int)' previously defined    heremain.cpp:107: error: redefinition of `int WinMain(void*, void*, char*, int)'main.cpp:104: error: `int WinMain(void*, void*, char*, int)' previously defined    heremain.cpp: At global scope:main.cpp:92: warning: inline function `int release_screen()' used but never    definedmake.exe: *** [main.o] Error 1Execution terminated
and another thing is that how come all the examples are .c files can you only use allegro with c??
Allegro works with C++ just fine. Your errors seem to be related to syntax problems - post the code that isn't working.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement