🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

AngelScript 2.0.0 STABLE and 1.10.1d (2004/01/23)

Started by
1 comment, last by WitchLord 19 years, 5 months ago
Just a quick note, because I have very little time today. I've released the final version of AS 2.0.0, which will be the new stable version. I've put in a lot of effort in making the library more secure, easier to use, and also prepare the library for future features. As of now, it isn't much different from 1.10.1 in terms of features. I've removed pointers, but object handles are available instead with much the same functionality. I've made it easier and more intuitive to call script functions. The library is now working better on Linux, and has become available for Dreamcast again. I've also released 1.10.1d, which has had a few bugs fixed, and others identified. My plans for 1.10.1 right now is that I will support it with bug fixes where absolutely necessary. Some things are not possible to fix in the 1.10.1 code base without major changes, others are not require too much work that I'd rather place on developing 2.0.0. I've listed the known issues on the site, if you really feel that some of them must be fixed and you can't switch to version 2.0.0, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Regards, Andreas [Edited by - WitchLord on January 24, 2005 7:13:37 AM]

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement
Will test it as soon as time permits, 1.10.x is working brilliant as of now.
Jayanth.KRaptor Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.http://www.raptorentertainment.com---------------------------------------------------------Why Mr. Anderson? Why? ...Why keep fighting? Do you think you're fighting for something - for more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom, or truth, perhaps peace, could it be for love? Illusions Mr. Anderson, vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence without meaning or purpose.
I suggest you take a look at the known issues in 1.10.1d that I listed on the site, and if you feel that you can live with those you don't have to upgrade to 2.0.0.

Currently 2.0.0 has almost no differences from 1.10.1d in terms of what it can do, it is mostly a restructuring of the library in order to fix some security issues and prepare for future features.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement