🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

AngelScript on 64bit x86

Started by
-1 comments, last by WitchLord 19 years, 2 months ago
An interest to use AngelScript on 64bit processors have recently showed up, and I want to do what I can to help with this. Unfortunately I don't have a 64bit processor, nor the money to buy one, so I can't do this myself. I believe that the first thing that needs to do in porting the library to 64bit processors is to make the C++ code working. I suspect that the pointer sizes are 64bit, which may or may not cause some problems in the current C++ implementation. It is likely that it will cause a problem since I currently assume pointers to be 32bit in size. I intend to introduce a new preprocessor flag in as_config.h: NO_ASSEMBLER, which should force the library to use absolutely no assembly code. This means that the library won't be able to use the normal calling conventions. Only AS_CALL_GENERIC will be supported since it is the only one implemented without assembly. The next thing is to know how to identify when the library is being compiled for a 64bit processor. I currently identify the x86 processor by checking the preprocessor flags _M_X86 on MSVC6 and i386 on GNUC. There will probably be a similar flag for 64bit processors. After that the assembly implementations for the normal calling conventions need to be converted. The necessary changes are likely to be few, with only adjustments of the pointer sizes. If you have any information please tell us, or if you think you can help in another way then feel free to do so. Regards, Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement