🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Very strange memory leaks

Started by
9 comments, last by WitchLord 19 years, 1 month ago
I already have such an article, though it might be missing some necessary bits. Registering a C++ class. It's available in the docs/articles/ folder in the zip file.

You're welcome to take that article as a base for your own if you wish.

In either case, I've been thinking about making the library a bit more forcing as to what needs to be done, e.g. force the application to register the default constructor, the destructor (unless addref/release are registered), and the assignment operator, as these seem to be the most common reasons for problems. It should make it easier to avoid problems with classes, as it forces the programmer to think about what he's doing. If the programmer really don't want to register these behaviours, then I could have some way of telling the library that the behaviour isn't available, i.e. in either case the programmer has to tell the library what he wants, so that the library don't just assume something when the programmer hasn't specified it.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement