🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

AngelScript powered MUD Server

Started by
6 comments, last by rck 19 years, 1 month ago
http://www.omnisu.com/server.html My pet project, ready to be mercilessly ripped to shreds by you people. The scripts included only implement a simple sort of chat thing.
Advertisement
That's really cool. I'll see if I can find the time to try it out.

Would you like me to add a link to your project on the AngelScript users list?

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Go ahead.

I'm actually looking for help at the moment. I need a server and a few good wizards. But before that, I need people to crash it. Yes, I said crash it. Write a script that crashes it, and post it here, please.
Nifty! Been playing with this during class. ;)

I wrote some basic user login stuff. I'll post it when I get home.
Er, the above post is by me, rck. ;)
rck again.

I just noticed - Server.exe is sucking up all CPU resources. (97%+ usage).

Might want to fix that?
Quote: Might want to fix that?

I would if it were broke. It's polling the connections in a busy loop; I expect it to suck up the CPU like that. With lots of people connected, it will remain responsive. The main reasons to keep an app from doing things like that are to preserve laptop batteries and to give more time to other apps when multitasking. Niether situtation applies to a server.
That's odd, because I've always designed my server applications so that they do not suck up CPU when simply polling for data. Unless they are doing something else, they should not suck up 97+% CPU just by polling. Heck, even the various LPC mud drivers I have used in the past don't suck up that kind of CPU.

*shrug*

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement