🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Upgrade Instructions

Started by
10 comments, last by Deyja 18 years, 11 months ago
When releasing the source code for any project using AngelScript it is probably a good idea to include the source code for the AngelScript version used. Otherwise you risk not being able to compile your source code in case the used version is no longer available from the AngelScript site.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement
That's why I would have to release it. Most people who tried it out would just go get the latest version, then throw my code away because it didn't work. Doesn't mean I wouldn't still ask permission first.

The basic interface between the scripts and the GUI widgets will be the same as the one I experimented with in the mud server. (In fact, the server was just an experiment, really. It's quite capable of running a mud... except I can't retain the interest long enough to actually build a mud because I don't have a server and also because no one plays muds anymore.)
The script functions are treated like methods on a class instance. What is essentially a global is set before executing the script. A bound function provides access to this global. The global is an instance of some bound type and coorosponds to a 'this' pointer. I'll just have to put up with having different interfaces for custom data and required data.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement