🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

AngelScript 2.4.1 has been released

Started by
5 comments, last by ALRAZ 18 years, 9 months ago
I found some time to implement a couple of language features that were waiting in the to-do list. AngelScript now supports heredoc strings. These strings are especially designed for writing long text sections without the need to worry about escape sequences or linebreaks. I'd like to thank Ashish Ranjan for sending me this contribution. I also implemented the long due initialization lists for arrays. So now you don't have to manually write the initialization code for each of the element in the arrays. I know a lot of people have been waiting for this. Work on version 2.5.0 is already going on, and I will be focusing on improving the performance of the script execution as well as make it easier to add support for 64bit processors.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement
lots of "unresolved external symbol" errors while trying to compile with MSVC7

format c: /q
Would you mind telling me at least a few of the unresolved external symbols? It is likely because some of the C++ files are missing in the MSVC7 project. I don't have MSVC7 available right now, so I can't test it myself, but if you tell me which symbols are missing, I might be able to tell you how to correct it.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I did not have any problems compiling it, it must be something on his particular machine.

Btw, WL, as Deyja has said before, the compiler suite for 7.1 and 8.0 are free to obtain, and are compatable with version 6 of the IDE
Actually I do have MSVC7 at home, that I received as a donation from someone who already moved on to the next version. I haven't installed it though, maybe I'll do so this weekend.

Anyway, I'm not at home now. Here at work we use version 6.0, and unfortunatly I can't change that.

It compiled fine for me; but I don't use your project files. The settings never transfer cleanly to 8.0; it's easier to recreate from scratch than to fix. I just ran the preprocessor unit tests then switched back to the slightly modified 1.10 I've been using forever. Everything still works fine.
mmmm....

tested again and it compiled...

maybe it has something to do with the modifications i did to the project propierties
format c: /q

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement