🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Replacement of script builtin types

Started by
2 comments, last by WitchLord 18 years, 5 months ago
WL, Do you have plans to allow us to replace the native types with our own incantations?
Advertisement
Do you mean like typedef? Or something else?

I plan on implementing typedef in a future release. Most likely together with function pointers which will require it.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

No, something like replacing the default primitive types with our own type.

In this case, I would like to emulate the Java or .NET data types in that everything inherits from Object and thus even an int has a ToString method for example.
I understand.

I wasn't planning on anything like that, but if there is some easy way of doing it I might include it in a future version. No promises though.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement