🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Console app AngelScript tutorials I wrote

Started by
0 comments, last by WitchLord 17 years, 8 months ago
Hey All! I'm asking for input from the AS experts and non-experts on some tutorials I am writing. Found here: www.solidrockinteractive.com/programming/game/Tutorials/Scripting/AngelScript/AngelScript_Tut_1.zip www.solidrockinteractive.com/programming/game/Tutorials/Scripting/AngelScript/AngelScript_Tut_2.zip I wrote them for the GameInstitute, mainly as learning for me but I wanted to record my learnings into a tutorial format for others. I'm looking for feedback on what you think about them and if you think something is wrong and needs fixing please let me know. The zip files contain a detailed .pdf explaining line by line, almost, of the sample code. Each tut. is a single source file to make things simple and easy to follow. The tuts are not a replacement of the SDK help files so the user needs to already know a little bit about the language syntax or how to look it up. I try not to teach AngelScript Thanks. I'm open to good suggestions. Also, while I have your attention :) I could use some "real world" examples of using scripting that would be good to demonstrate in the tutorials. I am making a series of them and want to do more real life stuff rather than just demostrating the simple concept. In fact, I may do both in a single tut. I would demonstrate the syntax for an AS concept then in the same app, show a more detailed way to use the concepts, perhaps in a real world example. -Steve
Advertisement
These are pretty good.

I only read through them quickly, but I noticed one error. You said that it is not necessary to call Prepare() between each execution of a script function. That is not true. The call to Prepare() is essential to prepare the call stack, the input parameters, etc. If you try to call Execute() on a context that has not been prepared first, it will return with an error. Of course, if the previous call to Execute() returned asEXECUTION_SUSPENDED, then you should not call Prepare() as that would reset the execution.

There are also a few spelling errors, so you might want to run a spell check.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement