🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Bitmap Font Generator 1.8a

Started by
3 comments, last by WitchLord 17 years, 7 months ago
A new version of BMFont has been completed. The useability has been much improved with this version. You don't have to search through the entire Unicode character set to find the characters you need any more, instead you can tell BMFont to select all characters from a text file. The tool also remembers the last configuration, so you no longer have to configure everything the way you like every time you start the tool. The generated files are now much smaller as well. There is a binary font descriptor format, as well as support for compressed png files for the textures. You still have the option to use text or xml files, and both tga and dds for the textures. It is now also possible to generate fonts from the command line, so that fonts can be generated automatically through batch files. Special thanks goes to Trinigy who actually paid me to implement most of these features so that they could use the tool with their superb looking game engine, Vision. [Edited by - WitchLord on November 26, 2006 2:46:20 PM]

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement
Bitmap Font Generator v1.8 crash without error as soon as it has launched.
Below is screenshot of the moment of crash.
http://fluid.run.buttobi.net/cgi-bin/src/ns0630.gif

PUPP v0.2 also crash same situation.

I am using WindowsXP (Japanese, SP2 applied).
Is there anything (for example, libraries) I need install to use these software?
That's strange. The window is rendered correctly. I can't think of anything that would cause the crash just after the start.

I also use Windows XP SP 2, although it is the english version. It's possible that there's some difference between the versions that cause this crash.

You don't need to install anything else. These application use only standard Windows code, all the rest is built-in.

Would you be interested in debugging the code to see if we can localize what's going on? I can send you the code for PUPP if you want.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

It works fine here. This tool is really great, thanks for sharing it!
If anyone else had the problem with BMFont crashing upon initialization, you might be interested in knowing that I've fixed the problem (with the help of Hiron, the A.P.) and released an update.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement