🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Sample Scripts?

Started by
2 comments, last by WitchLord 17 years, 5 months ago
Hi.. Does anyone have any substantial script code they care to post so I can look at it and learn from it? The sample scripts that come in the angelScript sdk don't really have much to look at. Thanks
Advertisement
Can you be more specific about what you're looking for? Do you want script code, or do you want to see how embed the script engine in the application, or do you want complete programs, e.g. a small game?

Anyway, you can take a look at my Texture Generator. It's out of date, but you should still be able to get some ideas from it.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Hi Andreas..

Those sample scripts are good. I have the script engine embedded in my game already.. that was easy. I also figured out how to register some properties from my global system and game objects so that I could access that data from script.. very cool. I like it.. thanks a lot :)

I plan on using script for guis and for game objects.

I guess to do the stuff with the guis, I'd let a script execute for a certain amount of time, suspend it, do the game logic and rendering, and then execute the script again?

Thanks
Yes. That's what I recommend.

I've shown how you can do that with the sample applications in the sdk.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement