🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

BMP font generator

Started by
3 comments, last by WitchLord 17 years, 5 months ago
Hi, I'm using Angelcode's bitmap font generator tool V 1.8a and when I am trying to generate a bitmap font for the numbers 1 to 9 using Arial size 32. The visualizer showed the generated bitmap font as 345689271 where the order is obviously screwed up. Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong? Am using Win XP SP2.
Advertisement
That's how it's supposed to be. The generator tries to optimally use the available space in the texture.
On saving, it also generates a description file which you can use to find the positions of the characters.
Gyrbo is correct.

You must not make any assumptions on how the bitmap will be, the characters won't be placed on any uniform grid, nor will glyph images have the same height and width. You must draw the characters according to the font descriptor file.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Ahh i see, so there is no way for me to specify the order for the characters to appear? Thanks anyway :)
Nope, BMFont needs to be able to choose the location freely in order to utilize the texture space as optimally as possible.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement