🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

TERENG - 3D Engine using AngelScript

Started by
2 comments, last by mushr00m 17 years, 5 months ago
TERENG Hi I did a small project using AngelScript and DirectX. It's a rendering engine completly controlled from scripts. It's called TERENG short for TiraX Effects Rendering Engine. It's very simple, and can basicly just be used for viewing effects and models (x format). I did it on a course in college, with main focus to learn a bit more about directx, shaders and scripting. It's a bit buggy, got a few memory leaks (not growing), and is no way near a finished product or very useful for that matter. Though I felt for sharing this with you. And if anyone decides to try i out or have questions let me know :) Warning, please use on own risk, it is still buggy and contain memory leaks. For API Reference, information and download go to: http://www.student.bth.se/~jowg04/ The file is 2.6mb and contain a sample mesh, a few test shaders and a test script. TERENG [Edited by - mushr00m on January 16, 2007 11:09:30 AM]
Advertisement
Also, the script that is automatically loaded is the main.script in the script directory. You can load other script by using it as a parameter such as

TERENG.exe myscript.script

Or just drag it to the executable.
That looks quite cool. I'm adding a link to it on the user's list right now.

Any chance you'd make it open source? It would make a perfect sample application to show people wondering how to use AngelScript.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Sure I might consider it when I worked it out a bit, the source is a mess now, and would feel good to release it like that :)

But yeah I will be able to release to source later.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement