🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Static object methods

Started by
1 comment, last by WitchLord 17 years, 5 months ago
Hey again I looked through the long todo list, and I couldn't find registering of static methods in there. Maybe I just missed it, or maybe it's already possible? What I'd like to do is basically have... well... static methods. :) So that if you've got an object type called "SomeObject" you can register a method "SomeMethod" as static to it, so the script can do: SomeObject.SomeMethod() Nothing important really, I'm mostly curious. :)
Advertisement
no static properties and methods are not yet implemented.... but they're already on the todo list ! (as you, i need that too!!!)
kunitoki is right, it is not yet implemented, but it is on the todo list. You'll find it under 'static declarations' near the bottom of the list.

As it's not a very important feature, the priority is currently very low for this.

If anyone is interested in implementing it, feel free to do so. I'll gladly add it to the official library.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement