🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

No more SourceForge Compile Farm (issues with AngelScript)

Started by
5 comments, last by WitchLord 17 years, 4 months ago
I've got some bad news. It seems that SourceForge.net has decided to discontinue its Compile Farm. This directly affects the AngelScript community as I will no longer be able to test the library on multiple platforms. I will try to find some other way to test cross platform portability of AS, but it is likely to be a while since my resources are small. In the meantime I hope you will all be patient with new releases of AngelScript as I work out the issues that may come up due to this. Don't hesitate to tell me when the library doesn't work on some platform, because without this feedback I won't know that it is broken. Linux/gnuc was the first to be affected. Version 2.8.0 didn't work right out of the box on that target anymore. It should hopefully be fixed now (as of revision 111 in the SVN), but I need help to verify this. droz has been kind enough to help me perform some tests already, but you're always welcome to help as well. Maybe other target platforms are having problems as well?

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement
You can try running linux in VMWare. Threre is a free Player available, you just have to find a suitable linux image for it.
A list of some suitable VMWare images: http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/cat/45
The player itself can be downloaded here: http://www.vmware.com/download/player/
My server has a bad power supply(causing random reboots), I'm going to replace it over the weekend and get everything set back up. It's hosted on a cable modem, but it should work fine for testing angelscript. It does have a good uptime percentage, much better than the compile farm.

I'll send you a email this weekend with the address/login info if you would like.
Thanks Gyrbo!

I'll give the VMWare a try, though I'm afraid that my computer may not be the best to work like that. I'm also quite short on time so I definitely do not look forward to having to install Linux in any form. I hope those images you mentioned are prepared to work right out of the box?

Thank droz!

I accept a login on your Linux server. This is likely the easiest way for me to test AS. Do you have SVN installed so that I can access it directly for download? Otherwise I'll need FTP access as well to upload the files.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Yeah I have Subversion, I use SSH for remote login and SFTP for transferring files.

I'll change the power supply and do some other maintenance to the server tomorrow, I'll send you a email when everything is all set.
hey witchlord, if you really want a ready made linux virtual installation ready to code with, you need to check this http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/127

i've used for some time when i was coding on windows and needed to test my projects on linux (now i'm doing the opposite! but without vmware cause for that i load visualc6 with wine...)
Thanks kunitoki,

that version seem to have everything I may want to test AngelScript. Thanks for pointing me to it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement