🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Using DLLs from Angelscript

Started by
2 comments, last by WitchLord 17 years, 4 months ago
Hello everyone, i'm new here, i have this question (sorry if answered before): Can Angelscript load a dll and call its functions? Assuming i have access to the scripts, i can write the dll in c/c++, but i have no control of the game engine that executes the script (so i'm not able to load the dll from the internal c code of the game engine directly, or to register types etc. from there). Thank you.
Advertisement
No, Angel Script can not load DLLs directly, you would have to add support for that in your engine.

droz, thank you very much for the answer.
To complement droz' answer:

AngelScript cannot do anything by itself. It can only affect the application or the system if the application has registered ways to do so, e.g. through variables, functions, or classes.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement