🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

any update about angelcode on x64?

Started by
1 comment, last by SteveYin 17 years, 2 months ago
I like angelcode, but I'm recently working on a project need to run under x64 enviroment, but it seems angelcode have some problems under x64. I have searched the forum, and I've found some info about angelcode on x64. now angelscript has it's version 2.8, is here any update on x64? BTW, I mean Windows xp x64, not linux or others.
Advertisement
AngelScript should work just fine on WinXP 64, though without support for native calling conventions, i.e. you'll have to use the generic calling convention (see asIScriptGeneric).

So far, the only 64 bit platform that has full support for native calling conventions is the PS3. This was recently sent to me by midnite, and added to the version in the SVN.

I don't have access to any 64 bit platform myself anymore. I had access to Linux before, but with the SF.net compile farm gone, that's no longer possible. This makes it quite difficult for me to add the support for native calling conventions myself.

If you feel up to it, you can add it yourself to AngelScript. It doesn't require a lot of work, really. It's mostly a matter of implementing some simple assembler routines to pass the arguments from AngelScript to the C++ stack space in the convention expected by the C++ functions. You'll only have to work with two files in the library to do it, the as_config.h file for compiler configurations, and one of the as_callfunc_??.cpp files for the platform specific assembler code.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

well, that's a mission imposible for me :) I know little about assemble language.

but I have both xp x64 and linux on amd64, if you wish, I can help you test this, my msn: steve@chinavfx.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement