🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

AngelScript 2.9.0 is released

Started by
3 comments, last by WitchLord 16 years, 10 months ago
This version implements support for variable parameter types, similar to how the built-in 'any' type is able to store any object handle. The variable parameter types are most useful for implementing generic container classes. A ScriptDictionary class has been implemented as an add-on to show how it's used. There have been some other minor changes as well, and a few bug fixes. Regards, Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement
In as_callfunc_ppc.cpp you will want to skip over the implicit parameters of vararg types in the couple loops (see as_callfunc_ppc64.cpp)
I thought so as well at first, but it was not necessary as my tests proved.

What happens is that the PPC code will treat the variable parameter as an INT64 and copy it into 2 of the GPR, which is exactly what we want.

On PPC64 it is necessary to do what you did, since there an INT64 is put in only one GPR, whereas the variable parameter should be treated as two separate parameters when sent to C++.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Ahhhh! (this is why I don't touch as_callfunc_ppc, and only as_callfunc_ppc64)
Which is also why I decided to separate them in two different files. :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement