🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Angelscript on mac

Started by
0 comments, last by WitchLord 16 years, 10 months ago
Is there any special installation required on the Mac? I successfully built anglescript AngleScript 2.8.1a using the XCode build provided, but am unable to build and run the tutorial in the samples folder. I get the message "ZeroLink: unknown symbol '_asCreateScriptEngine'" when I try to run it. Any suggestions?
Advertisement
I don't quite understand how the linker works on Mac yet. I must confess that I gave up on trying to get the samples running on Mac, though my problem was not with AngelScript, it was with the C run time library.

I had hoped that someone with more experience with Mac development than I could provide me with the XCode project files for building the samples. ;)

I believe that in your case you need to tell XCode to link with the libas.a library. Open the Targets section of your project, find your project, and under Link Binary With Libraries add the libas.a library.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement