🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

hex number question!

Started by
2 comments, last by WitchLord 16 years, 7 months ago
I write these script codes uint8 test(uint8 s) { return s; } void main() { test(0X1); ( X is capital letter) } the Compiler of AS 2.10.0 will show the results: [compiler] New 0.as (7) : Error : Expected ')' or ',' I think, maybe AngelScript Compiler just only recognise hex number with 0x prefix. But, in C/C++, the prifix with 0x or 0X will be identified as Hex Number. Is this a bug ? or just author's thought? Thanks a lot.
Advertisement
Hmm, I've always used a lowercase x to define hexadecimal numbers. Why not go with that?
I always use 0x too. It never occurred to me to support 0X as well, but I guess that can be done.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Just to let you know, hexadecimal constants with 0X is supported. In fact it already was, I had just forgotten about it.

I tried to reproduce the problem, but I'm not getting the compiler message that you're getting. Can you give me another example that reproduces the problem?

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement