🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Angel code and mouse movement?

Started by
1 comment, last by WitchLord 16 years, 6 months ago
Hi, I apologize if I shouldn't be asking this here. I have a switch interface assistive technology device that uses Angel script to program macros activated by pressing large buttons. It came pre-programmed for mouse clicks and scrolling, but not for mouse movement. It did say, however, that users are free to program their own commands. I am unable to move a standard mouse or joystick and it's getting harder to use Mouse Keys, so I was hoping that it was possible to find a command in Angel script that would give mouse directional movement. Is it possible to program mouse movement in Angel script? I do not know because I am very new to this and am nowhere near a computer programmer, even if the product manual did say that you only need a minimal amount of scripting knowledge. I'm not against learning a bit of computer programming, but I would just like to know whether it's possible first because usability is at issue here more so than anything. Again, I apologize if this is not an appropriate question and don't mean to bother anybody.
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by AT user
Hi,
I apologize if I shouldn't be asking this here. I have a switch interface assistive technology device that uses Angel script to program macros activated by pressing large buttons. It came pre-programmed for mouse clicks and scrolling, but not for mouse movement. It did say, however, that users are free to program their own commands.

Chances are the 'commands' they refer to is simply the ability to write a macro that programatically reproduces a series of events. Access to system information such as retrieving the mouse position is the responsibility of whoever manufactured the device you are using. If the manual that came with the device doesn't list a function call for changing or retrieving the position of the mouse (also referred to as the cursor position) you may be out of luck. If nothing is listed I would check with the manufacturer to see if they have released any software updates.

I'm guessing this is a device from P.I. Engineering, right?

You really need to consult the manual for the device, or ask the manufacturer. AngelScript is only the programming language that they are using to allow the program your own macros. AngelScript doesn't define what can and cannot be done with the device, that depends entirely on what functions, properties, and types that the device exposes to the programming language.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement