🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How to use unicode string in angelscript ?

Started by
3 comments, last by zopenge 16 years, 3 months ago
Does angelscript supports unicode ? If it works, how to use in angelscript ? thanks !
Advertisement
There's no official support for Unicode as I haven't had a chance to test this yet. However, I do believe you should be able to compile scripts formatted in the UTF-8 unicode standard. Strings and comments will then be allowed to contain unicode characters since they are not interpreted by AngelScript.

Let me know how this works.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I just want to use like C++ style unicode string.

looks like : L"unicode"
No, that's not possible. Though you could of course write your StringFactory to convert the 8bit string to a 16bit string.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Oh, Thanks for reply, I will try it :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement