🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

whant some info about bitmap!!!!?? hlp!

Started by
0 comments, last by the.syndicate 24 years, 8 months ago
Im using the book: Game programming for dummies, as my guide into directx and i have a problem::
im using Photoshop 5.5, and what iw heard the BMP-loader from the book cant read PH'z bmp files,, and also ive heard it only support 8-bit, if it is more bpp the BMp loader is scaling/converting down the colors
to 8-bits..
what im asking for is a better BMP-loader or some modifies, but that it still support the books futer chapter, like sprites and so on..
plz help,, im just a newbie..

------------------
=========================

the.syndicate 0f XtC

the.syndicate 0f XtC

Advertisement
The BMP loader from the book will load in bimaps created in Photoshop as long as you save them with in the BMP format. Just click on the file extension popup in the save dialog and scroll until you find the BMP extension.

Also, the loader supports 8-bit, 16-bit, and 24-bit BMP's. It does scale the 24-bit images down to 16 bits. But since you're a newbie, as you say, I would recommend working in 8 or 16-bit mode anyway. You have all the information you need there in the book.

Lamothe's new book covers all 4 bit depths. Check it out if you get a chance, Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement