🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

MingW compiling 2.13 problems.

Started by
4 comments, last by WitchLord 15 years, 11 months ago
I am attempting to compile the latest version using codeblocks and MingW and am having some problems with the assembly code in as_callfunc_x86.cpp. The error log looks like this:

-------------- Build: MinGW RELEASE in Static library ---------------

Compiling: ..\..\source\as_callfunc_x86.cpp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s: Assembler messages:
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1030: Error: symbol `copyloop3' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1035: Error: symbol `endcopy3' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1202: Error: symbol `copyloop1' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1207: Error: symbol `endcopy1' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1246: Error: symbol `copyloop2' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1251: Error: symbol `endcopy2' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1383: Error: symbol `copyloop8' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1388: Error: symbol `endcopy8' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1413: Error: symbol `copyloop' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1418: Error: symbol `endcopy' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1442: Error: symbol `copyloop7' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1447: Error: symbol `endcopy7' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1473: Error: symbol `copyloop4' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1478: Error: symbol `endcopy4' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1504: Error: symbol `copyloop6' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1509: Error: symbol `endcopy6' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1535: Error: symbol `copyloop5' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1540: Error: symbol `endcopy5' is already defined
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 3 seconds)
18 errors, 0 warnings
I have no experience with assembly so I can't make heads or tails of the code itself. Thanks for working so diligently on this project, it is an extremely useful piece of software.
Advertisement
I'll see if I can figure this out. Though I feel it is strange that MinGW complains, because this very same file is compiled properly on Linux and Mac using GnuC (which as far as I know is practically that same as MinGW).

Thanks for reporting it.

Regards.
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I had this with older Angelscript versions too, when I was compiling with -O3. Switching to -O2 (less optimization), solved the problem then.
Thanks for reminding me DaBono. This is indeed the fix that I remembered.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Setting the optimization back to -O2 fixed it.

I really like this scripting engine, the only problems I have had with it are of my own creation, and I am very interested in the implicit casting updates.

Does someone know how to tell the gcc compiler not to inline the functions? I think this is what causes the problem when compiling the library with -O3 optimization.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement