🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Advice on a name?

Started by
17 comments, last by Wavinator 22 years, 10 months ago
Don''t forget the bastards who have one or more noble parents, but because of inheritence or mutation don''t have the noble privledges. I think a good name for them (or perhaps a derogatory term) would be ''Fitz''

Not only does it sound pseudo-techno, but it was also a surname used for bastard children of royalty (Fitzpatrick, for example)

JSwing
Advertisement
Er... perhaps ''Scion'' for the nobles. Or ''Chosen''. And how about ''Operator'', ''Operative'', ''Component'' or ''Serviceman/woman'' for the rest?
Serviceman is great. It''s both functional and slightly degrading. If you don''t use it, do you mind if I use it in my game?
"If you go into enough detail, everything becomes circular reasoning." - Captain Insanity
How about Iluminati and Drones, or Freds and Bobs, 1 and 2, Upper and Lower, Polished and Scum, and bah... Thats the best I can do

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - The future of RPGs Thanks to all the goblins in the GDCorner niche
quote: Original post by Captain Insanity
Serviceman is great. It''s both functional and slightly degrading. If you don''t use it, do you mind if I use it in my game?

Well, if Wavinator doesn''t want it, I certainly don''t mind if you do.

Thanks for the responses, everyone!

I think I really like "Operators" for the nobles. It''s fresh and sounds benign but connotes some authority. It might make you think of "phone operator," but if you see it as "Operator Dalton" or "First Operator" or "Operator Alpha" then I think it could work. (Plus, it keeps making me think of the Matrix! )

"Synaptics" sounds like a VERY COOL name for the plebs. It''s strange, "science fictiony" , and PRECISELY what they are. I really like that it could be considered a *new* job class in the future, like being a nanogeneticist or gravigator.

"Fitz" sounds just weird enough to work, too. Kind of like "on the *fritz*" or "nonfunctional." It would be great as derogatory slang for the "intermingled" who find themselves with spotty control of the society''s computers. It''s also great because of the historical reference.

Thanks!
Kylotan, Captain Insanity, and JSwing, your gold plated cupie dolls are in the mail!

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
"Glad to oblige a fellow scientist."

Now who said that?
"If you go into enough detail, everything becomes circular reasoning." - Captain Insanity
quote: Original post by Captain Insanity
"Glad to oblige a fellow scientist."

Now who said that?

"Weren''t you supposed to be in the test chamber a half an hour ago?"

lol! Favorite game, Cap''m! Just bought Blue Shift, too, btw. It''s pretty cool!

(sorry s&s, totally OT, but that was too funny not to reply! )

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
YING and Yang
Cats and Dogs
Piccaso and Dog Shit?

How bout...
Angels and slaves

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement