🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

pupp wants MSVCR71.DLL like BMFont did

Started by
3 comments, last by Deyja 15 years, 10 months ago
Tried installing pupp to have a play, and like one of the recent releases of BMFont, it is not statically linked to the C runtime.
Steve 'Sly' Williams  Monkey Wrangler  Krome Studios
turbo game development with Borland compilers
Advertisement
So?
Yeah, it needs the same fix that I did for BMFont. I also have another couple of bug fixes in line for it (though, so far nobody has detected them).

My problem right now is time. I'm working extra hours at work, and at home I'm busy fixing up our new apartment, so there's not much time left for my hobby projects. Hopefully it should change soon though. :)

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Thanks Andreas. No rush.

Deyja, it means the program cannot be run without the user finding and downloading the appropriate version of the Visual C runtime libraries. The solution is easy (static link to the runtime) and is how Andreas fixed BMFont a short time back.
Steve 'Sly' Williams  Monkey Wrangler  Krome Studios
turbo game development with Borland compilers
Static linking is generally not a good idea. I know what the problem is, and the real solution is to provide a link to the redistributable.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement