🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

plans for 64 bits support without MAX_PORTABILITY?

Started by
2 comments, last by jal_ 15 years, 10 months ago
Hey, I just found out AS_MAX_PORTABILITY is enforced when building angelscript for 64 bits unix systems. Unfortunately, I didn't notice it before, so I'm now wondering if you have plans to add support any time soon for 64 bits working without max portability. Otherwise I'd convert my code to use the generic methods, but I'd prefer making sure I have to first. Thnx in advance.
Advertisement
As I told your friend Torben by e-mail. I don't have a 64bit computer myself, so I can't complete the 64bit support on my own. I need help from someone else.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

jal, have you seen as_callfunc_x64_gcc.cpp? I contributed that initial 64-bit calling convention, if you want to take that and run with it...I haven't had much time lately.
I'm actually in the same situation WitchLord is (that's also why I didn't notice the issue until someone tried to build the project in a 64bits machine), but I think Torbenh is going to give it a try.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement