🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Very basic question

Started by
2 comments, last by gendem 15 years, 10 months ago
Hi all I am very new to angelcode, but an accomplished &#106avascript and perl programmer. I have a very basic "is this possible" type of question for you: I am attempting to create a system to manipulate the user interface of another program, using a secondary keyboard, for which keyboard shortcuts don't exist. So for example, imagine that Word didn't have keyboard shortcuts, and so the only way for you to underline selected text would be to click the underline button. Now imagine an application that would effectively allow for a keyboard shortcut to be implemented for that feature...kinda like screen scraping the UI and based on that, assigning a custom keyboard shortcut. I've never programmed for windows so I prolly have the terminology wrong FWIW. Will Angelscript allow me to do this? Does it have that type of functionality? And if so, are there any example floating around? ...Mike
Advertisement
Mmmm...
as far as i understand, AngelScript doesn't include any functionality for input handling, but you can register it.

Anyways, you'll have to deal with windows' API so that you can bind those functions into AngelScript.
format c: /q
Alraz is correct. AngelScript can't do this by itself. AngelScript is just a library that allows applications to providing scripting ability to users. Exactly what the users will be able to do with the scripts is up to the application developers.

If you're developing this application yourself, then AngelScript may certainly be a part of your solution. What you need to do then is to register the necessary functions that the scripts will be able to call.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

OK, thanks guys. I'll see what I come up with :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement