🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Bug in Version 2.14.0

Started by
12 comments, last by BornToCode 15 years, 7 months ago
My game use to work with the 2.13.0 fine. Today i updated to 2.14.0 and now every time i exit the game, angelscript crash in the file asthread.cpp. This is the function it is bombing on. void asCThreadCriticalSection::Enter() { #if defined AS_POSIX_THREADS pthread_mutex_lock(&criticalSection); #elif defined AS_WINDOWS_THREADS EnterCriticalSection(&criticalSection); #endif } The error is saying some memory could be corrupted.
Advertisement
What system are you running? What compiler are you using?

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I am running on Windows XP and i am using Visual Studio 2005
Are you by any chance using 64bit WinXP? If you are, could you check if the AS_64BIT_PTR got defined by as_config.h. You can check this by calling the function asGetLibraryOptions(), it should contain the string "AS_64BIT_PTR".

Anyway, you can turn off multithreading support by compiling the library with the preprocessor word AS_NO_THREADS defined. At least until I can figure out what's going on.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I am using 32 bit winxp
At work I use WinXP 32bit as well, and I haven't noticed any problems. Of course, here we still use MSVC6, so it's possible that it is a problem with compiler compatibility.

Have you tried the latest version of AS from the SVN?

I will investigate it alot more when i get home. It could be me that is doing something wrong. Because it does not crash while i am running the game. It only crash when i exit the game.
By turning threading off, everything works ok now. But i really do not like the fact i have to turn threading off.
Neither do I. I still need to figure out why the multithreading support doesn't work for you.

Can you give me some more information on the error?

- show me the call stack for when the error occurs so I can see at what moment the problem occurs.

- show the value of the 'this' pointer in this method, and also in the caller. This usually shows if the object itself has been corrupted before the call.

Have you tried running the samples that come with the SDK? Do they also crash upon exit?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement