🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

game/film script writing software

Started by
4 comments, last by Tacit 22 years, 10 months ago
Hello all, Does anyone know of any decent script writing software? If so, could you send me URLs? Thanks in advance, R.
_________________________The Idea Foundry
Advertisement
Word, WordPad, NotePad, ect.

You don''t need special software.

Ben

[Icarus Independent | Jump Down The Rabbithole | Rabbit Tricks ]
Yeah ok thanks for the advice.

I know I don''t NEED special software but there are specialized script-writing packages out there that are basically customized word processors. Anyway if you don''t know of any then that''s fine, thank you very much for your input.

Anyone else?

R.
I think I found what you''re looking for. I picked up a set of screenwriter software at no-nags. It includes storyboard software which links to jpg/bmp files, a scriptwriting program, which converts your writing to official hollywood script format, and a scene/plot organizer that lets you define plot points on index cards and link them to create a branched plot.

It''s all made by a guy named Ian Pegler, and it''s free.

They''re all available for download here

You want the sLang, Scriptmaker, and Storyboard Tools.

JSwing
Thanks so much, JSwing, you''re a life saver!!

I really appreciate this.

R.
I''ll be right up front and admit that this is a plug for software I sell...

While not geared toward screenwriting, or any other particular type of writing, if you''re interested in a good, general-purpose writing tool, I have to suggest: The Journal

More than just a daily-entry diary program, The Journal supports complex "tree-structured" documents via its "loose-leaf categories", and entry documents can contain full text formatting. The Journal also provides password security as well as database encryption.

Myself, I do all of my draft writing in The Journal. If I need an article delivered in MS Word format, it''s a simple copy-and-paste from The Journal into Word. Or I can export it to TXT, RTF, or HTML formats.

Thanks for indulging me. Have fun!

DavidRM
Samu Games

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement