🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Anyone in the industry from gameinstitute.com

Started by
3 comments, last by Hodgman 14 years, 2 months ago
I've been doing research on game institute, and alot of people talk like it's a really good program. It almost sounds too good to be true. But on the other hand, i have not seen any post on the negative side of gameinstitute. Really, the only complaints people have against it is that you can get the same amount of information for free via the web. That being said, I never heard of any body that actually made it in the industry that actually attended the gameinstitute. you would think that they would show off that type of information. So does anyone know anyone who actually made it to the industry. Set aside that, I would like to know some negative side's to the gameinstitute, beside's the money factor. I read that some of the instructors can be lazy at times when it comes responding. For the fact they have no restictions on what people can take, you would think someone would have a bad experience, if they don't have the proper requisitions.
Advertisement
I also would like to add that alot of people's forum's post seem very scripted, like they were paid for by the game institute. when people responded to someone about the game institute, they usually reply saying everything positive, and never giving any negative side. I believe that none scripted post usually gives a negative in positive side.
I've never met anyone (to be honest I haven't met anyone who went to a focused game dev school working in the industry) from GameInstitute.com,

But googling gave me this (another post on gamdev.net):

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=280871
http://www.gameinstitute.com/currentjobs.php

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

A good research avenue might be to search for gameinstitute on linkedin.com. Have a look at the resumes/profiles that turn up on that search - see who's advertising that they've got a gameinstitute education, and what jobs they've had.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement