🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

A whole new game idea. Tell me what u think

Started by
2 comments, last by e01hak 22 years, 10 months ago
Okay.The games'' (I plan) named is World Domination or Armageddon. The world is in havoc after the World Nuclear War. Africa is inhabitable, the pop. of the world has reduced to less than a billion peeps. It has two game modes - Strategy mode like in Commandos or Desperados and action mode like CS. It''s ''bout a two man (player chooses one). First is erm.. Donnell Harrison, a computer wiz and good with a gun(more info below) or Gavrie Slomovak, a tough, strong russian. 1a. --> Donnell is a soldier in the UniLink Military Faction (of UniLink Inc.) He''s a Texan who join the UniLink after his state is destroyed by the International terrorist Guerillas, seeking revenge. At the ending finds out that UniLink actually wants to have WORLD DOMINATION 1b. --> UniLink Inc. is the company Donnell works for. The plan to control the world food supply, thus rulling the world. 2a. --> Gavrie is a big guy who was recruited by the ITG. Throughout the game, Gavrie goes through a lot of changes, and even @ 1 point almost joined the other side. 2b. --> the ITG is a rebel force that was to blame for the Nuclear war. At the end the rebels win and UniLink goes down. Gad Blass U ;P
Gad Blass U ;P
Advertisement
Not bad so far. Come up with an idea for what exactly it is they are trying to do.

"I''''ve sparred with creatures from the nine hells themselves... I barely plan on breaking a sweat here, today."~Drizzt Do''''Urden
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
Ergh ... World domination sounds tacky. And it''s old. As someone pointed out to me recently after I had briefly jotted down the idea of a religous conspiracy bent on regaining power ...

What are the motiviations of the ITG? There isn''t really much info on Donnell, and hardly ANY for Gavrie.

I think you need to question the motives more. Why does UniLink want to control the world? What happened to make the ITG destroy Texas? What is the connection between ITG and UniLink? Are the rebel forces going to win no matter what character the player decides on, or do you plan to have an alternate ending? Where is ITG situated and likewise with UniLink?

I find the concept of two game modes that are so far apart from each other quite alien and foreign. Hey, if you know you can do it, go ahead, but it seems bizarre and quite meaningless?

I know this is only a concept at the moment, I think you need to look at it a bit more before you start fleshing it out. I would strongly advise not going with an overdone storyline, due to the fact that there are companies out there with millions of dollars that ahve done the idea before, and due to their millions, it was at a quality that, unless you have millions too, will be too hard to reproduce. Try applying some of the questions that I have provided (and I''m sure others will add some too) and ask some of your own too.

Oh, and hey ... have fun
Motivation!

Whenever writing, I try to make sure I understand the motivation for every character in the story. Why do they do what they do? At the least, it makes the conversations easier to write. Usually, it gives the characters more depth, and also tends to lead you to natural subplots, conflicts of interests, and a more believable scenario.

If you can decide why these characters and organizations are doing what they''re doing, and then decide why they want such a thing, and what else they want out of life, then you have a few more factors to play with.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement